Corsair Community

CUE or ICUE?

iCue is the next generation of CUE. It will be the replacement to both CUE and Link. That said, it's still pre-release software. So bear that in mind.

From what I understand, there should be at least one more update to CUE.

Whether you upgrade now or later is up to you and how willing you are to deal with any issues that come up. As I'm not a long-time CUE user, I cannot detail any of the key differences between CUE and iCUE ... except, perhaps, that there is no "Standard" vs. "Advanced" lighting mode.

So is the development of CUE dead? Should I plan on uninstalling CUE and installing ICUE to replace it? I have the Corsair wireless Pro headset and the K70RGB Lux keyboard.

If it is working fine as is, I would leave it. I think the only benefit you would gain is FryCry 5 in game lighting. I got it as I wanted to control my HD-120 fans and I got the Lighting Node Pro as well as my K70 RGB LUX keyboard.

I did the upgrade a few days ago. I don't have any keyboards or other peripherals, but I do have 4 HD 120's, a set of Corsair LED's and a Commander Pro. I have to tell anyone who'll listen-- you really need to install iCue!! As we speak, I'm having a blast creating profiles, this software makes the LED's do just about Anything. Being able to control all the lights, and the fan speeds, makes this software a must-have, IMO. I didn't have any issues installing iCue, either. I'm tellin' ya, Bunkie, it's hard to over-hype what iCue can do. I've probably spent over ten hours already coming up with profiles, and it's been a fun time. I'm almost curious enough to buy a Corsair peripheral, just to see how the lighting works on it, except that I have Razer stuff already. Go ahead, give it a try. My guess is, you'll like it too.

• 1 month later...
Does icue currently work fine with ll series 140mm RGB fans and lightning pro? I can’t seem to find where the RGB control for that is under lightning pro and also the ability to use the same lighting profiles as Corsair link. Am I blind?

Does icue currently work fine with ll series 140mm RGB fans and lightning pro? I can’t seem to find where the RGB control for that is under lightning pro and also the ability to use the same lighting profiles as Corsair link. Am I blind?

You want to take a look in the iCUE forum before moving to that package. It seems the LL flickering is still an issue on iCUE 3.3.103 and 3.2.87.

You want to take a look in the iCUE forum before moving to that package. It seems the LL flickering is still an issue on iCUE 3.3.103 and 3.2.87.

I got it working but didn’t see any flickering. How does one reproduce that problem? I’m running the latest icue.

• 4 months later...

Archived