Corsair Community

120mm Case Fan too short. Extender Doesn't Fit

Tolwyn

Pondered over the title a bit. Sorry about that.

I need some help choosing the right fan power extender. I've purchased two already that don't work.

So, I have a Corsair case, model/sku:

N82E16811139008 Purchased from Newegg.

The front two 120mm Fans that came with this case do not reach the Motherboard.

I purchased two extenders that DID NOT WORK (don't fit) the cable on the fan itself.

The Raidmax RC-008 didn't work/fit

The Rosewill 12" Fan power supply cable Model RCW-309 didn't work/fit.

Can someone PLEASE give me a make/model or Newegg link of a fan power extender that actually works??

Thanks.

Well, I had to resort to looking at the "instructions" for the case.

When I determined that the instructions aren't "instructions" but merely a bitonal rendering of stuff you get when you open the box (instead of just seeing what is there when you open the box)... The instructions were more useful at helping me light a firelog outside to keep me warm.

There were two cables... the fan controllers, that were mashed up and hidden (not threaded) through the rubber cable grommits. I don't know how anyone could have found them. I removed the other side of the case, and carefully untangle them and thread them through the rubber grommit to plug them into the connectors.

Good grief.

I think that your case has a built in fan controller and that those connectors are designed to fit that. Are you sure that those connectors aren't just a removeable adaptor?

Archived