Corsair Community

HS1 Won't Work with Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead

TempletonPeck

I can't seem to get this headset to work with Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead 1 or 2.

All I get out of the mic is extremely low volume and static when I try to use it in either game.

It would be the main use of this headset for me.

I've set the volume to max in Windows with no luck (as well as in both games).

I've installed the software that came with the headset. I've checked and toggled pretty much every setting in-game, in Windows and in the software that came with the headset.

I did manage to use a different voice chat program to test the headset out and it worked, but I was told my old $20 headset sounded better.

Anything else to try before returning this headset to the store and getting a different brand?

I couldn't find the option in my BIOS to shut it off, but even if I did, it's not exactly convenient if I want to use my speakers or anything other than this headset for audio.

It's not exactly something I'd want to be doing all the time.

I just want a headset I can plug in and use and have a normal sounding mic.

I couldn't find the option in my BIOS to shut it off, but even if I did, it's not exactly convenient if I want to use my speakers or anything other than this headset for audio.

It's not exactly something I'd want to be doing all the time.

I just want a headset I can plug in and use and have a normal sounding mic.

I'm only suggesting it as a trouble shooting step. It's a variable that needs to be eliminated so we can try to isolate your issue.

Ok, I was able to find it in the BIOS, was just named something somewhat strange, but I can confirm it's now disabled and only the Corsair Headset is showing in the sound portion of the control panel.

I'm still having the exact same issue though, no change.

OK, use the Control Panel to uninstall the Corsair software and driver for the HS1. Then, reboot, and reinstall with the onboard sound disabled.

OK, I uninstalled, restarted and the re-installed with the onboard sound still disabled.

The problem still persists unfortunately.

In Left 4 Dead I get a weird buzzing in my ear when using the mic too. In the TF2 mic test, it shows like 4 green bars, before I even speak, like it's picking up some sound, but not my voice. It's actually the same thing in any mic test, I'm getting bars detecting sound before I say anything.

I went to plug them in today (I had them unplugged over night) and now they don't work at all and don't show up in the control panel even.

I uninstalled and re-installed the software and tried a different USB port, but it's just gone.

Do I have a faulty headset here?

It sounds like it. Please use the link on the left to REQUEST AN RMA. We are sorry you had this issue and we'll replace them ASAP.

I was about to request an RMA, but decided to test on a friends computer first. I plugged it in, installed the software and it worked.

Now I'm really at a loss as to what to do.

When I go to run the software (it doesn't show at startup or when I plug the headset in), it just tells me to connect the headset, even though it's connected already.

I am having the same probem here.

Came here looking for a new driver or solution.

Mic is quiet as a mouse in game. (ARMA2)

Under the Corsair control panel.

Speakers to 50%

Mic to 100%

sounds ok nice and clear.

Under the Corsair control panel.

Speakers to 100%

Mic to 100%

Sounds just a little bit louder.

But has a background hissing noise.

But in game no one can hear me.

Windows 7 64bit

All other devices disabled under the control pannel.

No sound card installed.

All windows enhancements (dissabled)

Allow applications to take exclusive control (tick)

Give exclusive mode applications priority (tick)

Clean System ~ formatted few days ago, only basic's installed.

Archived