Corsair Community

CUE v2.22.83 is now Live!

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

CUE v2.22.83 is will be live on our update server (which you can update through CUE). You can also download it on our website under downloads.

Here are the patch notes for this version of CUE:

CUE 2.22.83 Patch Notes

• Dark Core RGB, Dark Core RGB SE, and K63 Wireless is now officially supported in CUE. Please ensure you download and update the firmware on each of these devices upon installation of the software.
    *For wireless devices, please ensure you unplug and replug dongle after a firmware update is completed as well as a power down and power up of the device to ensure changes are applied properly.
  • Resolved certain issues that may cause a crash upon a startup of CUE.
  • Resolved an issue with single color keyboards and KATAR related to lighting values being inputted manually.
  • Demo Mode now shows VOID PRO instead of VOID.
  • Demo Mode now shows GLAIVE RGB instead of SCIMITAR.
  • K55 RGB now supports a 104-key Korean layout.
  • Resolves various other minor bugs and issues.

Addendem:

1.) For users experiencing issues with Steam and controller devices, we have been able determine the source of the issue is by Steam itself. However, it has been a long delay in getting answers from Valve (which they only finally replied recently). We are looking to develop workarounds to how they poll devices but until they can provide a fix on their side, this will be a Work in Progress.

2.) Various users have reported that some HID devices are not detected in the software after the system is resumed from Sleep/Hibernation. We have investigated this issue and found the cause to be with the Fall Creator's Update in Windows 10. We recommend you update your USB drivers directly from the manufacturer of your motherboard or wait until Microsoft releases a fix for this issue. In the meantime, we will try to investigate a workaround.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't work, crashes on startup. Have tried full uninstall/reinstall (reboots in between), installing/running as Administrator and each time just crashes on opening. Previous version worked fine.

Cannot rollback as Corsair doesn't hold previous CUE software versions on their site, only the current one...

Windows 10 Build 16299, Strafe RGB.

Cannot rollback as Corsair doesn't hold previous CUE software versions on their site, only the current one...

Firstly, i recommend clean uninstall reinstalls for anyone having issues. That is if and only if the button in the software fails.

Specifically, backup your cue profiles first, then uninstall everything, then reboot, then download and install patiently (my install took a long time this version even on spankin new hardware) then reboot.

I have a feeling you are wrong about CUE hosting old versions and i just double checked...

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.21.67_release.msi

This works. I am sure they do not appreciate hotlinking old versions, so don't download .67, get .87 and try to make it work first :)

Hi hastegag,

Many thanks for all your suggestions, tried them all but no difference at first:

I uninstalled everything like you suggested except my settings (as I couldn't open CUE to backup profiles), and it was only after I moved them from [user]/AppData/Roaming/Corsair/ that CUE would then work. Copying back in my backup from that folder crashes it again so it seems I have either a corrupt config or profile(s) :[pouts:

I'm not too fussed as I can always rebuild the profiles, though it is a bit tiresome.

Thanks for your help though.

P.S. It seems you're also better at finding software on the Corsair website than I am too...

CUE v2.22.83 is will be live on our update server (which you can update through CUE). You can also download it on our website under downloads.

Here are the patch notes for this version of CUE:

CUE 2.22.83 Patch Notes

• Dark Core RGB, Dark Core RGB SE, and K63 Wireless is now officially supported in CUE. Please ensure you download and update the firmware on each of these devices upon installation of the software.
    *For wireless devices, please ensure you unplug and replug dongle after a firmware update is completed as well as a power down and power up of the device to ensure changes are applied properly.
  • Resolved certain issues that may cause a crash upon a startup of CUE.
  • Resolved an issue with single color keyboards and KATAR related to lighting values being inputted manually.
  • Demo Mode now shows VOID PRO instead of VOID.
  • Demo Mode now shows GLAIVE RGB instead of SCIMITAR.
  • K55 RGB now supports a 104-key Korean layout.
  • Resolves various other minor bugs and issues.

Addendem:

1.) For users experiencing issues with Steam and controller devices, we have been able determine the source of the issue is by Steam itself. However, it has been a long delay in getting answers from Valve (which they only finally replied recently). We are looking to develop workarounds to how they poll devices but until they can provide a fix on their side, this will be a Work in Progress.

2.) Various users have reported that some HID devices are not detected in the software after the system is resumed from Sleep/Hibernation. We have investigated this issue and found the cause to be with the Fall Creator's Update in Windows 10. We recommend you update your USB drivers directly from the manufacturer of your motherboard or wait until Microsoft releases a fix for this issue. In the meantime, we will try to investigate a workaround.

In my case the issue is definitely not Steam as even with Steam/CUE closed I would still get lockups while a controller and my keyboard were plugged in at the same time - disabling your HID drivers fixed it, therefore it's almost certainly an issue with your drivers/a Microsoft update. Perhaps you'd have more luck if you'd consider the real source of the problem

I'm not too fussed as I can always rebuild the profiles, though it is a bit tiresome.

Thanks for your help though.

P.S. It seems you're also better at finding software on the Corsair website than I am too...

I'm sorry you lost your profiles, i didnt recognize you couldn't get cue to run thought you meant the installer...i probably should have said to install the old one again first then back them up, That's not ideal and sorry about that... as for the link, i just changed the numbers :)

• Corsair Employee
In my case the issue is definitely not Steam as even with Steam/CUE closed I would still get lockups while a controller and my keyboard were plugged in at the same time - disabling your HID drivers fixed it, therefore it's almost certainly an issue with your drivers/a Microsoft update. Perhaps you'd have more luck if you'd consider the real source of the problem

FYI, we use default Microsoft HID Drivers. We do not design our own driver except for virtual input (macros) and surround sound that CUE specifically uses. That is why our devices will still work even if you don't install CUE....

• Corsair Employee

Users who are experiencing crashes:

1.) Send files and folders from %appdata%\Local\Corsair\CUE to me (via PM).

2.) Collect crash dump and send this to me as well. To collect this, when CUE crashes, do not close the window or software yet. Instead go to your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), right click CUE.exe, and select "Create Dump File."

3.) Send also all data in %appdata%/Roaming/Corsair as well.

I will analyze this. You can also try deleting Corsair folders in %appdata%\Roaming\Corsar as well as %appdata%\Local\Corsair to see if it resolves the problem.

I had crashes after update but after reboot, there is no crash but CUE is just not starting automatically and it also prevents other Windows 10 startup applications to start. When going back to previous version of CUE, everything works again so there is something wrong with the newest version.

And when not having actual crashes, I think there is no point to collect dumps either.

Hello all, just did the update and CUE is crashing on start up as well. When I delete the Corsair folder on '%appdata%\Roaming\Corsair' I am able to open CUE but settings for my PRO Void RGB headphones disappear. If I change and save my settings in that instance and close CUE I am still able to reopen CUE and the settings are still saved. If I reboot my PC than CUE will not open again until I delete the Corsair folder in '%appdata%\Roaming\Corsair.'

Just updated to the latest version, the utility constantly crashes. Even after a reboot - it runs for a minute or two and then crashes.

Fortunately I still have the install files for 2.21.67 so I've uninstalled and gone back to this version which works fine. I will await the next version before I upgrade.

Still having the problem with my Scimitar in the newest version. Everytime Cue restarts, it doesn't bind a few of the side buttons to whatever is assigned to them. It requires me to open the software and click through all of the action keys one by one before they work. In one program I have it assigned to button 8 for "Windows key + M" for minimize all, in another program it is button 5 for just the "F" key. They aren't macros.

When I look at the logs, it shows what looks like this:

W cue.actions: Scoped command is empty, cannot execute action

If I pull up the program from my task manager, and click through the actions, it will start working. But I shouldn't have to do that each reboot/restart of CUE. And I didn't until the last two CUE versions.

Firstly, i recommend clean uninstall reinstalls for anyone having issues. That is if and only if the button in the software fails.

Specifically, backup your cue profiles first, then uninstall everything, then reboot, then download and install patiently (my install took a long time this version even on spankin new hardware) then reboot.

I have a feeling you are wrong about CUE hosting old versions and i just double checked...

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.21.67_release.msi

This works. I am sure they do not appreciate hotlinking old versions, so don't download .67, get .87 and try to make it work first :)

Thanks so much hastegag! I uninstalled CUE because it crashed and lost all my profiles. I was about to sell my keyboard because I can't deal with CUE breaking every update! When i installed the version you had it brought all my profiles back from the dead :biggrin:

Hey, hey!

Nice work on the new lighting options. Really digging the EQ setting on the keyboard when sounds come via the headset.

+ Lighting Link (Rain)

+ Void Playback Visualizer (Random Colors / PEQ / BAR / UP)

+ Type Lighting (KEY)

+ Type Lighting (RIPPLE)

Kinda got a crazy thing at the moment with music going :)

After the update CUE crashes when i try to start it up... i've tried to reinstall but it crashes anyway. worked great before it updated.

EDIT: reinstalled and restarted PC, works fine now.

Same problem here. But a restart did not help. Here is a part from the log file. Does it help?!??

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.init: CUE version: 2.22.83

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.init: Updates server: https://www3.corsair.com/software/CUE_V2/

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.init: Build type: Public Release

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.init: Applicaiton ID: 8460

2018-01-27T09:02:49 W QVariant::load: unknown user type with name QJSValue.

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.init.font: Using Regular text font family: "Open Sans"

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.init.font: Using Title text font family: "Gotham Bold"

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.session: Locked changed to false

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.session.win: Will notify 'connected changed to' with delay

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.session: Local changed to true

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.profiles.folders.tree: Profile order deserialization started: "C:\\Users\\winkler\\AppData\\Roaming/Corsair/CUE/profiles/tree.cueprofileorder"

2018-01-27T09:02:49 I cue.profiles.folders.tree: Profile order deserialization finished: "C:\\Users\\winkler\\AppData\\Roaming/Corsair/CUE/profiles/tree.cueprofileorder"

2018-01-27T09:02:50 I cue.action.macro.win: Init time: 0.402865 (init: 2.56e-07 reset: 0.00199565 )

2018-01-27T09:02:50 I cue.init.ui: Starting UI.

2018-01-27T09:02:50 W QObject::connect: invalid null parameter

2018-01-27T09:02:51 W MainWindow_QMLTYPE_373(0x15f38390) must be a top level window.

2018-01-27T09:02:51 W MainWindow_QMLTYPE_373(0x15f38390) must be a top level window.

2018-01-27T09:02:51 W file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:210:25: QML ListView: Binding loop detected for property "model"

2018-01-27T09:02:51 W qrc:/qml/ui/accordion/LibraryPropertyViewsAccordionItem.qml:430:12: QML LibraryPropertyViewsAccordionItemToolbar: Binding loop detected for property "applyFromLibraryEnabled"

2018-01-27T09:02:51 W file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/Corsair/Corsair Utility Engine/QtQuick/Dialogs/DefaultFileDialog.qml:210:25: QML ListView: Binding loop detected for property "model"

So a release which is causing everyone's CUE to crash, plus a major audio issue with the Corsair Drivers that is still awaiting a fix:

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=172286

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171700

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171910

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=171600

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173233

- http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173106

Clearly an important issue that needs to be addressed.

For anyone who needs to rollback to the last version of CUE so they don't experience crashes with it, you can download the last stable release here: http://downloads.corsair.com/download?item=Files/CUE/CorsairUtilityEngineSetup_2.21.67_release.msi

Archived