Corsair Community

Case recommendation for Corsair H115i & ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE

rezen73

Hi all,

I've just bought some new components and am looking for a case recommendation that will everything.

I've browsed the Corsair website, and none of the cases I looked at list the H115i as being compatible, so hopefully someone here will have some insight/experience.

I'm not too bothered with the case being medium, full, super etc... I just want to get it right the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Given my setup, would an Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition be viable? It doesn't show H115i as compatible (presumably because of the drive bays/ports up top where the liquid cooling unit would be mounted). However on the Corsair website it turns up when you put "360mm" when you filter by supported radiator size...

Thanks again!

• Corsair Employee
Given my setup, would an Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition be viable? It doesn't show H115i as compatible (presumably because of the drive bays/ports up top where the liquid cooling unit would be mounted). However on the Corsair website it turns up when you put "360mm" when you filter by supported radiator size...

Thanks again!

Yes the 750D AF Edition is viable but it's a case we longer produce, so the spare part for it are also discontinued. so I recommend going with the 500D

The 750D is definitely compatible for top mount. Many of the product pages are out of date with the current or even last generation's coolers. The Corsair 540 Air, 740 Air, 750D, 400 C /Q and 600 C/Q are all 280mm radiator compatible. All this aside, you should pick the case that fits your needs. An AIO cooler should not be the focal point of your system. Find what you need, then try and make use of the cooler.

The 750D is definitely compatible for top mount. Many of the product pages are out of date with the current or even last generation's coolers. The Corsair 540 Air, 740 Air, 750D, 400 C /Q and 600 C/Q are all 280mm radiator compatible. All this aside, you should pick the case that fits your needs. An AIO cooler should not be the focal point of your system. Find what you need, then try and make use of the cooler.

This is exactly what I've done. I'm building from the inside out. I've curated the exact components that I need for my workflows (motherboard, CPU, GPU, RAM), then purchased the cooling solution I require for the components I've bought - now I want to make sure to get a case that is fit for purpose for the components I've purchased. :)

My biggest worry is that the H115i is marketed as a 280mm radiator, but the actual physical dimension of the H115i is 315mm. Doesn't sound like much but it's more than an inch, and if it's a top-mounted solution, then any drive bays need to be designed in such a way to allow for the extra length.

Combine this with the fact that I am on an extended work assignment outside of the US, I want to get this right the first time, so when I come home this coming Saturday I can get the case I need on the first attempt, as I won't be back in the US until after the first of the year.

I left of the Carbide 760 and 780, both of which work as well. However, it sounds like you are leaning toward the Obsidian line anyway. Lots of info out there for the 750. Everyone I know with it uses a 280mm up top. 500D is newer and I don’t have first hand experience. Likely some info in the case section.

Archived