Corsair Community

Modding the 780T side window to real glass ?

Dicehunter

So like many I like my side window to be nice and clean, This means scratch free but seeing as all windows on the market are made of cheap acrylic they tend to develop scratches if we look at them for more than 3 seconds.

How would you go about fixing a sheet of toughened glass to it ?

Any modders out there your thoughts are welcome I usually only do interior case mods :)

So like many I like my side window to be nice and clean, This means scratch free but seeing as all windows on the market are made of cheap acrylic they tend to develop scratches if we look at them for more than 3 seconds.

How would you go about fixing a sheet of toughened glass to it ?

Any modders out there your thoughts are welcome I usually only do interior case mods :)

don't know how you would attach glass but, for a acrylic window don't buy the junk online. I went to my local glass shop and bought a nice high quality sheet of smoked acrylic and they even cut it to the size I wanted all for $24.75 with tax U.S. dollars. it's been in my Corsair C70 for a year now with not one scratch or swirl on it as it's higher quality than the junk online.

If a flat replacement window without molded edges could be mounted to the inside of the side panel by securing it with something like 3M mounting tape, I would take out the old window and take it to a glass shop that can make up a tempered glass replacement. Tempered glass has to be cut to size first then heat treated to harden and temper it. Since not all shops can do that, it will not be cheap and you would have to look around to find a shop that can do it (or farm out the tempering step). However, tempered glass is much stronger than regular glass and will be far less likely to break if the side panel should flex a bit. It will also be more scratch resistant and will never discolor with age.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey mate. im looking to do exactly that with my 780t. can you give insturctions on how you did that? or show the rear of the panel, how to did you attach the glass ? and is there much gap between the panel and the lip of the window ?

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to know how I can do that as well. Tired of cheap acrylic.