Corsair Community

Crystal 570x Fan Installation Help

comatosedragon

Greetings. I purchased a Crystal 570X, and an additional 3 pack of sp120 fans for use as exhaust in the two top and one rear mounting position. The problem is, neither of the screws (the ones supplied by the case, or the ones supplied by the new fans) fit properly in the case. Does anyone have any recommendation or suggestion or know where I can purchase screws that are the correct size?

The longer screws in the pic are from the case, and the short ones from the new pack (the case also provides short screws, but they are identical to the ones in the 3 pack and obviously don't fit.)

It's kind of a letdown, because I took off work today to build this, and now I can't even get past the first step ... lol

Thanks in advance for your help

NQCJ845l.jpg

Edited by comatosedragon

The short stubby #8 screws are the right one for case mounting. If you haven’t used them before, it is always a bit difficult the first time. You can try threading the fan while outside the case first. That may or may not be help. Sometimes I just want it in and to be done. Regardless it will take some torque.

The short stubby #8 screws are the right one for case mounting. If you haven’t used them before, it is always a bit difficult the first time. You can try threading the fan while outside the case first. That may or may not be help. Sometimes I just want it in and to be done. Regardless it will take some torque.

Okay, thank you. I had not prior experience with this type of fan and did not realize.

Thanks a million!

Some fans are worse than others. All of them are tight. Not unusual to see a little bit of plastic shavings on the first attempt. That is not a problem, but make sure you go in straight. The screw is so short it can be hard to tell if you are 5 degrees off axis.

Some fans are worse than others. All of them are tight. Not unusual to see a little bit of plastic shavings on the first attempt. That is not a problem, but make sure you go in straight. The screw is so short it can be hard to tell if you are 5 degrees off axis.

Thank you! I was able to install them all straight, but you are right -- would have been easy to strip!