Corsair Community

CORSAIR CMFSSD-64N1 is now JM Loader 001-0100001

sanke

Hello,

I've got some troubles with my SSD drive since yesterday (in fact just before I make a merge of what is on it and my backups). A lot of works have been done last week and the drive works perfectly until yesterday morning when I try to start it.

I have search a lot on the internet to determine how to restore it, and it seems that a reinstallation of the firmware would be enough to retreive my data. Unfortunately, you don't deliver the original firmware of the M64 as you do for other drives. I know that in normal use, we have no need to make updates of the firmware for this drive, but I need to get back the datas on it.

Last point is that due to the fact that the disk is equipped with a mini USB port, I never need to put it in a box; the result is that now, the serial number of the drive is erased so I can't use the RMA procedure.

Could you please provide me the original firmware of the drive (the binary form of course) and tools (if it is possible :)) in order to try a reinstallation on my drive by myself?

No matter of what system I need to use it, I'm sure to have it!

Thank you very much for answer,

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

SanKe

Hi,

Happy new year 2011 !!!

I make a new thread about the SSD Legacy Series because I don't have any response for my previous one and maybe the title was not explicit.

I have a SDD Legacy Series M64, 1st generation where important datas are stored on.

The controller is JMicron JM602 and the drive is now known as JM Loader 001-0100001 when I directly plug in on SATA.

Could you provide me your firmware installer/reinstaller in order to try a recovery of the drive ?

At least could you post an answer to my request ?

Thanks for answer,

Have a nice day,

Best regards,

SanKe

Thanks to move my messages, but I would really appreciate some kind of answer, whatever it is ?!

I have understood that integrate the JMicron JM602B controller in SSD was a big mistake from CORSAIR. But you must still have the firmware and tools you use for it, and if you don't want to provide support for deficient material, you could let your customers try by their own to rescue what it can be rescue, even if it will fail.

LET ME HOPE MY WORKS IS NOT DEFINITIVELY LOST !

I just want to have a try !

Regards,

SanKe

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but the firmware is not available for this drive and the USB port is to update the firmware you should not use it for normal operation of the drive. That is most likely why its failing.

If its still under warranty you can request an RMA and we will replace it. Please use the link on the left.

Hi,

Thanks RAMGUI for answer. But something I don't understand, you tell me that the USB port is only here for FIRMWARE UPDATE, so when you design the drive, you potentialy planed to make firmware update and provide a way for consumer to make the updates. Time show that no update for this firmware have been done, okay, but the original one still exist ! I don't want especially a new firmware, just the one that was, few weeks ago, in my drive.

I quote: "That is most likely why its failing."

I clearly not agree with that, it is too easy !

Unfortunately, warrantly is over for my drive, in many ways, and the serial number is unreadable, so the RAM procedure is not for me :( !

Please could you see if you can't get the original version of the firmware for this drive or a beta version, I just need to get it work for few hours (if it can be fully restore it is a plus !)

Thanks for answer and the firmware :),

Have a nice day,

SanKe

• Corsair Employee

That is correct they only way to do the firmware is at the factory. Sorry!

There was never a remote utility released and the USB port was used in production to test and flash the drives firmware.

And what was the date of purchase on the drive, do you have the Invoice?

Archived