Corsair Community

AX1200 cable manegement

Ultimatium

There should be an 8-pin extension that comes with the 800D case. You can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if they can provide you with an additional one.

I checked the box the 800D came in, but i am unable to locate the mentioned extension cable. Will these do?

http://www.amazon.com/CB-8P-8-Pin-Motherboard-Extension-Premium/dp/B0036ORCJY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1285615596&sr=1-1

Yes, that is the correct cable. Also, the included cable is packed inside the box with all of the MOBO screws and accessories. If you did not get one, CS will be happy to send you one.

I double checked the box and i am unable to locate the included extension cable. Can you send me two, in case i should start a LN2 Project later, or will i have to order them instead?

The guys here on the forums seem to be pretty far separated from general CS, so asking here does not help. I have yet to contact support myself, but I always hear about e-mail response time complaints. I highly recommend calling as suggested. I hate speaking to live people too, but sometimes it's necessary :D:

I cannot use my computer since i am unable to connect the two 8 pin cables from the motherboard to the AX1200. I will need an extension cable, however, RAM_GUY wants me to contact him with my RMA number. It is now almoust a week ago since i requested the RMA and i have not received any response from Corsair. Therefore i am unable to give my RMA Number,as i never received any.

I am seriously starting to do some thinking about just selling my Corsair rig and never buy any products again. A custom build pc is no fun if you cannot power up your CPU.

• Corsair Employee
I cannot use my computer since i am unable to connect the two 8 pin cables from the motherboard to the AX1200. I will need an extension cable, however, RAM_GUY wants me to contact him with my RMA number. It is now almoust a week ago since i requested the RMA and i have not received any response from Corsair. Therefore i am unable to give my RMA Number,as i never received any.

I am seriously starting to do some thinking about just selling my Corsair rig and never buy any products again. A custom build pc is no fun if you cannot power up your CPU.

Your motherboard does not require 2x 8 pin EPS connectors to operate, the second connector is optional and is there to give you extra power under extreme overclocking conditions. The system will operate perfectly fine with a single EPS connector.

How did you request the RMA? Do you have the case number which was assigned to the RMA request?

Your motherboard does not require 2x 8 pin EPS connectors to operate, the second connector is optional and is there to give you extra power under extreme overclocking conditions. The system will operate perfectly fine with a single EPS connector.

I understand that, but it doesn't matter whether the second 8 pin connector is optional. When none of them are long enough to reach the motherboard, logically i am unable to power my cpu at all. I will need at least 1x 8 pin connector to power up my cpu, right now i have two 8 pin connectors that came with the AX1200 unit and none of them are long enough to reach the motherboard.

There should be an 8-pin extension that comes with the 800D case. You can contact our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0", (510) 657-8747 or email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com to see if they can provide you with an additional one.

No 8-pin extension cable for me in the 800D case. I did send you an e-mail regarding the 8 pin cables, as previously mentioned in this thread. Did i do anything wrong here?

• Corsair Employee
I have today forwarded the original e-mail to ramguy@corsair.com to see if at least he will come up with a response. If not, i will just buy the NZXT 8-pin cables myself. Will let this thread run until tomorrow.

Ultimatium, I received your email and have forwarded it to our CS group and asked them to contact you regarding the status of the cables. If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours please let me know.

Ultimatium, I received your email and have forwarded it to our CS group and asked them to contact you regarding the status of the cables. If you do not hear back from them within 24 hours please let me know.

Ok mate, i am glad to hear that you have received my e-mail, and i thank you for the quick response. I am looking forward to hear from CS about the status of the 8 pin cables. :):

Yes, that is the correct cable. Also, the included cable is packed inside the box with all of the MOBO screws and accessories. If you did not get one, CS will be happy to send you one.

I just received a modified Obsidian 800D case and the ATX 12v CPU cable extension is in the box inside the case. Unfortunately, it is still too short. For proper cable management, can I connect two NZXT CB-8P 8-Pin Motherboard Power Extension together before connecting to the mobo ATX 12v connection?

Roger

North Las Vegas

Archived