Corsair Community

Z170

bteters

Question. . .

What is the fastest Corsair Dominator memory for a EVGA Z1170 Classified K in 32GB 4 x 8GB?

I'm building a new rig and they changed they memory finder and now I'm really confused.

The board specs say up to 3600mhz so I would look for corsair kits that were 100 series ready up to that speed

I'd go with a 3200mhz kit with decent timings. Anything more then that and you're probably going to be running crazy vccio and vccsa to be able to keep them stable. Especially with all 4 slots filled. Its likely you won't be able to get the max mem speed stable and then xmp profile won't even be an option and you will have quite a hassle dialing in the rest of the settings at a lower speed.

I'd go with a 3200mhz kit with decent timings. Anything more then that and you're probably going to be running crazy vccio and vccsa to be able to keep them stable. Especially with all 4 slots filled. Its likely you won't be able to get the max mem speed stable and then xmp profile won't even be an option and you will have quite a hassle dialing in the rest of the settings at a lower speed.

Thanks! I'll think I go this route.

Archived