Corsair Community

Z77 Dominator RAM

coltonneil

Ok I don't post to forums much so I hope I don't jack anything up.

SO I am planning on getting the Maximus V Formula as soon as it comes out and I am looking for some ram so i have a few questions. First is corsair planning on releasing Z77 specific Dominator memory like the did with the new vengence modules? Second if a kit doesn't come with an airflow fan 2 how do i get one? third can i use quad channel memory on a dual channel cpu?(or triple channel for that matter)

Whoever awnsers thank you in advance I need answers by Tuesday the 5th so type like the wind :)

Vengeance would work on it just fine.

Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for your Asus Maximus V Gene

There is no such thing as Dual / Triple / Quad Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual or triple or quad channel.

In other words, yes, a kit tested on a quad channel system will work fine on a dual channel system.

Dual / quad channel systems may not like 3/6 stick kits though, so remove 1/2 sticks.

Awesome thank you for the fast response. I have been wondering that for some time. I will probably get quad then because I know you shouldn't mix memory and should just buy all you want up front. How quickly do you think they will have up the guaranteed-compatible list for the Maximus V formula? does it take a while for them to figure it out? I also still need to know about the Airflow fan 2, and Z77 Dominator memory.

Archived