Corsair Community

Will 4 sticks of RAM reduce clock speed of RAM?

aindriu80

Hi,

------

My system:

Ryzen 1200

8 GB (2x4 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 Vengeance LPX.

GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 (1.x) Motherboard (F22 Bios)

(RAM is on the supported BIOS list http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-ab350m-gaming3_raven.pdf )

------

Do you know if an extra two sticks of 2x4GB RAM (same as above) will reduce the clock speed of the RAM ? i.e having 4x4GB of CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 will mean that I get a sizable drop in clock speeds ?

I know if you put another 2 sticks in there is some small memory management overhead, but I wondering would I get something fairly close to 3200mhz.

Many thanks for your help !

• Corsair Employee

Most likely, no 2 kits are guaranteed to work well together, if at all. Even so, reaching the higher frequency listed on the kits is also not something we can promise when using more than 1 kit.

-Art

• Corsair Employee
ok thanks,

do you know what kind of frequencies I could expect ? like 4X4 CMK8GX4M2B3200C16 at 3000mhz would be still very good!

Nothing to really 'expect', it's all up to luck using separate kits.

-Art

Nothing to really 'expect', it's all up to luck using separate kits.

-Art

Oh I get it, a guarantee is the same manufacturing batch. Well if the new sticks don't work I can always send them back to Amazon. Thanks !

• Corsair Employee
Oh I get it, a guarantee is the same manufacturing batch. Well if the new sticks don't work I can always send them back to Amazon. Thanks !

Not even the same batch, if modules do not all come from the same kit then we can't guarantee they'll work well together, if at all.

-Art

Archived