Corsair Community

PSU facing

tkondor

Does it matter how I face my PSU? My guess is that since there`s a venting hole with dust filter on the bottom of the case I should put my PSU`s vents facing it, but in this case the label is upside-down. I know this is little-to-nothing problem, it`s just a purely design matter for me...So, does it matter if I face my PSU with the fan pointing upside or downside? Is there a big difference?

Not that it matters, but my PSU is a RM750x....

It is (kind of) mostly a preference thing. However, you must take in mind that your graphics card and PSU both pull air inward.

So, bottom mounted case and PSU fan facing up, you might find that your GPU is getting really hot. Unless of course you have a full tower or something and there is a decent amount of room...

If you are bottom mounted though, make sure you have a screen, most cases come with them for a reason.

• Corsair Employee
Does it matter how I face my PSU? My guess is that since there`s a venting hole with dust filter on the bottom of the case I should put my PSU`s vents facing it, but in this case the label is upside-down. I know this is little-to-nothing problem, it`s just a purely design matter for me...So, does it matter if I face my PSU with the fan pointing upside or downside? Is there a big difference?

Not that it matters, but my PSU is a RM750x....

Adding on to the previous comments:

If you’re going to have the fan facing upward, make sure there’s ample of space between your gpu and the graphic card. At least 8-10”

If you’re going to have it face down, don’t put your computer on a carpeted floor. In general, it’s not a good idea to have your PC on the floor.

Archived