Corsair Community

Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200 revisions

-VBC-Praetorian

• 1 year later...

yeah god question and no clear answer.

i have the same quastion cause i have the CMK16GX4M2d3200C16 2x8gb

and that ram isn´t available anymore. only CMK16GX4M2B3200C16.

so question is can i use them both together on my asus z370 f ?

and can i mixe them inbetween the channels?

• Corsair Employee

Hello Satino,

It likely will work, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee it. Any kit is guaranteed to work as that kit alone. Using the same part number kit or similar revisions with the same speed/timings/voltage will net your best chance of not having any stability issues when mixing memory.

Hi,

I am finding a slight price difference between these revisions of the same RAM. What's the difference? I can't find any specific information on these revisions and why the prices would be different.

CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

CMK16GX4M2D3200C16

CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

I'm looking to use on a Asus ROG Strix Z370-E mobo

Thanks.

I thought I saw a post somewhere on the forum that this may be related to the PCB layout but I can't say for sure.

Hello Satino,

It likely will work, but unfortunately we cannot guarantee it. Any kit is guaranteed to work as that kit alone. Using the same part number kit or similar revisions with the same speed/timings/voltage will net your best chance of not having any stability issues when mixing memory.

so it is in your interest that i buy 2 times CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 for 32 GB

insteat of buying 1 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 and use it with CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 .

cause the CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 isn´t available anymore :bigeyes: that´s some way to make money :sigh!:

hmm maybe i sell CMK16GX4M2D3200C16 on ebay for big cash if i am not the only one sitting on that "wrong" ram.