Corsair Community

Question about Corsair LE series

leduythanh

• 3 weeks later...

I have to admit, I too am curious about the LE SSD's by Corsair. The prices seem good, storage size is excellent and the speeds seem pretty good. I'm just curious which series is best for gaming? I have a 180 and a 240 Corsair Force Series GS. Both have games and my OS on them, was thinking about switching to a new larger storage SSD to downsize my collection of hard drives.

Would the SE series be good for gaming or better off sticking with what I already have or even going for a different series by Corsair?

I think you will be fine if its just for games. I doubt you will notice much of a difference with loading times from a high end model vs affordable one.

Appreciate the input. I looked over the spec details on Corsair's website last night again and I believe that my current SSD's are faster than the LE series. Only real difference I've noticed was the controller used.

• Corsair Employee
Appreciate the input. I looked over the spec details on Corsair's website last night again and I believe that my current SSD's are faster than the LE series. Only real difference I've noticed was the controller used.

Corsair Force Series GS uses sandforce 2281 controller if i recall correctly. As long as you leave a 10% storage space for buffer, you should be fine with what you have.

Archived