Corsair Community

force lx 256gb ssd failed ?

reapermech

hello , this is my first pc build ever . it is with all new parts purchased from newegg. all parts purchased at the same time nov 16 2015

after assembling the pc and firing it up going through the bios to set boot priority and getting windows installed ( took me a bit longer than it should have looking back ). windows loaded fine, ran the install discs for the mother board and the graphics card , no issues there. i let windows go through the restart to finish its updates, then i noticed that it was saying that there was no bootable device and i had to go set the boot priority in bios. went into the bios and realized that my ssd was no where to be found . immediately shut down the computer all the way , then restarted ( seen this on other ssd not in bios threads ) and still no ssd . i have tried new ssd power and sata cables (also found on other threads ) still no ssd in bios and pc still asks for bootable device . any thoughts

i tried it with my old intel board dg965ry and it works , i have updated the bios on the msi board . it shows then the second it gets done with an update it restarts then the ssd disappears again from the msi board .

i have been doing some reading on this and some of it points to the ssd firmware well how can i update the firmware when the mobo keeps losing the ssd ? i have the latest bios from the msi site

Archived