Corsair Community

Discuss the new Hydro Series coolers: the H80 and H100 (Link enabled)

Wired

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got some further questions though:

1) Do the included fans have PWM capability?

2) If not, are the fan speed controls "fixed" between the low medium and high modes? Or are you able to dial in more exacting rpms other than 1300, 2000, and 2500 respectively?

Will be picking up a H100 very soon I very much like how you've taken the Coolit vantage (which despite it's bad rep was pretty cool) and downsized it and made the system simpler, price is also very impressive. Anyway good work guys looks like your new relationship with Coolit is beginning to bear some very interesting fruit:biggrin:

How well will the H100 fit into the top of the 600T?

This is what I want to know too. I was leaning toward the H60, but if the H100 fits easily in a 600T then I'd almost certainly wait and spend a little extra.

One other thing, and this may be a silly question but I have no hands-on experience with such products. But if I installed the H100 in a case like my 600T, is the default setup to have the two fans blowing air up and out of the case?

How well will the H100 fit into the top of the 600T?

This is what I want to know too. I was leaning toward the H60, but if the H100 fits easily in a 600T then I'd almost certainly wait and spend a little extra.

Should fit pretty easily..The radiator dimensions are 122mm x 275mm x 27mm. This is smaller than the GT Stealth 240 rad (134mm x 277mm x 29.6mm) that a lot of people have been using for full wc loops.

But that's so easily rectified, and anyone likely using a water cooling solution such as this would know how to make that change in the BIOS.

Yes , BUT since the BIOS is software based it is not always correct. It's just way easier to plug it directly into the power supply and forget about it.This way you know for sure that the pump wont get throttled down by the BIOS or other system software. And more than likely the reason that Corsair made this change in the H80 and H100

by default the CPU header usually doesn't supply constant power

I have put H50's on 650i, X48, P55 and X58 boards and have never seen an instance where the pump wasn't receiving full power when connected to the cpu_fan header ( without making any bios adjustments )

Yes , BUT since the BIOS is software based it is not always correct. It's just way easier to plug it directly into the power supply and forget about it.This way you know for sure that the pump wont get throttled down by the BIOS or other system software. And more than likely the reason that Corsair made this change in the H80 and H100

Personally I see that as a problem.

1) I like to know that the pump is running at full speed, can't tell that when plugged into a molex unless you do a little modding.

2) I'd rather get a cpu fan failure warning if my pump dies than have the system shutdown due to overheating.

The Corsair Hydro H100 will definitly not fit in my current Akasa Eclipes-62 case, so will be looking at purchasing a new case.

Can Corsair tell me which of the Corsair cases the Hydro H100 is compatable with please?

Thanks.

All of our Obsidian and Graphite cases will support any of our coolers even the H100.

To be clear, the H100 will fit into the area on the top of the case, under the screen and not just bolted to the rear? Thanks.

Does anyone at Corsair know for sure if the H100 motherboard backplate bracket will be the same as the one currently used for the H50/H70? My case has a MB cutout, but it's not in the right place for my Asus P6T and I hate to pull the MB out.(I currently have an H50 mounted).

Archived