Corsair Community

Corsair AX1200i Purchase

19DeltaSNAFU

I purchased an AX1200i this morning to go with my new build. SLI Gigabyte 980ti Extremes with 2 8 pin and one 6 pin per card, I7 6700k, MSI Gaming M7, EK water cooling after it's stable etc, etc. I read the reviews and I figured that the 1 stars were from "some" people. I purchase and begin to check out my new PSU. Now it seems that those "some" people might have a legitimate problem. I googled and the whole page was covered with problems. I thought I was buying the best money could buy, on Johnny Guru's page he gave it a very good review. Would you guys that own and even you guys that do not own risk buying this PSU. I have a corsair CX750M in a case right beside me and it has been flawless. It's an I7 6700k on an Asus Hero board. I don't like the Asus board. Anyhooo, what do you guys think? Risk it and hope I end up in the 75 percentile or go with a PSU mfg. that stays in the 90 percentile. I wanted this PSU so bad but man if it kills my rig or gets me stuck on the RMA roulette wheel I'm gonna be pissed. I'm thinking I'm gonna play it safe unless you Corsair guys convince me different. Is Corsair doing ANYTHING to address this issue? Have they even discussed this issue? After looking I can assure you that anyone considering buying one like myself who does his due diligence will learn of this issue. I'm not an overclocker, I'm not even a gamer really, I just like nice stuff. The question is, is the AX1200i gonna be "nice stuff"? Is there settings that make the PSU less "sensitive" or can I just disconnect the monitoring software all together?

I have had this PSU 1200AXi for 3 years now ( on this day, so happy birthday to my pc ). I live in South Africa and we have a thing called "load shedding" where the power company just cuts the power for hours for whole cities or towns when the "grid" is overloaded.

This PSU is a beast and has served me well, it's quiet, BIG ( really big ) so you need a mid - large case for it and it has enough cables for your every need ( and I have a lot of HDD's ).

Now if my PSU can handle South African load shedding and still not even make clunky noises and stays silent, pc has never shut down due to power shortage ( caused by PSU not providing enough to the pc ). Then it's a 5* product for me!

Just to mention the 1200AXi is not the "best" money can buy anymore, that would be the 1500AXi :P

Point is you will have the best PSU for the wattage range you are picking. You will not be dissapointed m8. Corsair are kings of 3 things: Ram, PSU's and CPU coolers. ( I have been using Corsair for those 3 elements since I started building pc's back in 04' ).

Now I recently bought a Corsair Scimitar and I am impressed by that build quality even more. What I am trying to tell you with this last bit of info is you need not worry about anything. Corsair make rugged, quality products, it will not kill your pc and you get stuck on some RMA "roulette wheel" haha. But I understand your need to ask this and that is why I am giving you a nice long explanation to set your mind at ease. The CX PSU's however have had a reputation in the past but I believe that is long fixed. But the AX especially the AXi range has always been king and will probably never be dethroned.

• Corsair Employee
I purchased an AX1200i this morning to go with my new build. SLI Gigabyte 980ti Extremes with 2 8 pin and one 6 pin per card, I7 6700k, MSI Gaming M7, EK water cooling after it's stable etc, etc. I read the reviews and I figured that the 1 stars were from "some" people. I purchase and begin to check out my new PSU. Now it seems that those "some" people might have a legitimate problem. I googled and the whole page was covered with problems. I thought I was buying the best money could buy, on Johnny Guru's page he gave it a very good review. Would you guys that own and even you guys that do not own risk buying this PSU. I have a corsair CX750M in a case right beside me and it has been flawless. It's an I7 6700k on an Asus Hero board. I don't like the Asus board. Anyhooo, what do you guys think? Risk it and hope I end up in the 75 percentile or go with a PSU mfg. that stays in the 90 percentile. I wanted this PSU so bad but man if it kills my rig or gets me stuck on the RMA roulette wheel I'm gonna be pissed. I'm thinking I'm gonna play it safe unless you Corsair guys convince me different. Is Corsair doing ANYTHING to address this issue? Have they even discussed this issue? After looking I can assure you that anyone considering buying one like myself who does his due diligence will learn of this issue. I'm not an overclocker, I'm not even a gamer really, I just like nice stuff. The question is, is the AX1200i gonna be "nice stuff"? Is there settings that make the PSU less "sensitive" or can I just disconnect the monitoring software all together?

Why would you post this without even trying the PSU first?

The only "known issue" with the AX1200i is a fan twitch that some people find undesirable because of a small noise that is generated.

I think you're alarmed for no real reason.

Archived