Corsair Community

Small Tutorial Request

Jkraghify

Hey peeps,

So I would say I am an intermediate/beginner C++ creator. I know how to use libraries and all the basics of programming (loops, recursion, etc) from my three programming courses, but I have never touched program interactivity other than user input.

Would one of you more advanced users be able to help me figure out how to read process memory from a game? Let's take for example, Battlefield 4. I would like to display HP, vehicle HP, Ammo, and mag Ammo on the keyboard. I have a general idea of the layout, but that's not where I am having trouble.

I have no idea how to read this information from the game, and not a clue how to do it efficiently. I've never touched this low level stuff before, but from my googling around I see "ReadProcessMemory," "Process ID," and "Memory Addresses" thrown around a lot. Would somebody please show me how these fit together, or am I in way over my head?

Thanks, Computer Science Dieties

• 1 month later...
You would need to basically find the value of the variable you wish to look at in the memory of that application. It's not really a trivial task considering most game dev's don't want you do that. You can look into something called Cheat Engine to examine the game's variables in memory during runtime. However, these will most likely change in each patch/revision- http://wiki.cheatengine.org/index.php?title=Cheat_Engine:Memory_Scanning

I'll just have to make sure having cheat engine open while in a game is okay. I'll try this with bf4 single player first I think. Compare the memory adresses used for ammo, mag ammo, health, and vehicle health for single player to multiplayer. I'd bet they are the same

I'll just have to make sure having cheat engine open while in a game is okay. I'll try this with bf4 single player first I think. Compare the memory adresses used for ammo, mag ammo, health, and vehicle health for single player to multiplayer. I'd bet they are the same

Yes, I expect those values would be stored in the same place for single versus multiplayer.

Archived