Corsair Community

Guild Wars 2 crashing, removing drivers stops it.

Husain

So as the title said I have been in and out of tech support with the guys over at Guild Wars 2 and we narrowed the game crashing down to this particular audio driver (The vengeance 1500 1.1). I was told I would have to speak with you about this.

I have to actually remove the driver from my system. Simply disabling the driver or unplugging the headset does not fix said issue. (I crash every 20 minutes with the drivers, without them I was able to play the majority of yesterday, about 5+ hours, with no crashing.)

If you need any more info about this I am fairly tech savvy and can provide you with anything you could possibly need.

I have included a DXDIAG report if that helps things go faster.

DxDiag.txt

Ah, I just tried this for you, It did help a bit (I was able to play for about an hour instead of the 20-30 minutes) But ultimately crashed again. Though this time it did not generate an error log it was simply frozen, control alt delete didn't work aswell as anything else I tried, I had to do a hard reset :/

Interesting results, not sure what to make of this.

Ah my gpu was factory overclocked, I reduced it back to stock settings a while ago to see if that was the issue (even though it was still well within thermal limits) but it did not change anything sadly. My cpu isn't OC'ed, nor is my ram. Video card drivers are the latest 12.8 I just assume I have the latest chipset as mine is rather old and there hasn't been an update for my motherboards chipset since 2009

Mobo A780LM-S

CPU Athlon 2 x3 445 (stock, not unlocked) (max temp 20 minute prime95 test was 38c) (using a hyper212 EVO if you were wondering why its so low :) )

GPU 6870 Twin Frozr 2 (reduced to stock speeds) (max temp with 20minute furmark test was 75c)

RAM 4gb DDR2 800MHz (passed prime95 blend test + memtest + windows memory diagnostic, to completion of course)

This is the only game it does this on me oddly enough :/

• Corsair Employee

Use the latency checker: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

See what your results are and if you're experiencing spikes since it seems you're experiencing problems as time passes. Also, disable legacy USB in the BIOS and double check to make sure your chipset drivers are the latest, especially if its a separate USB controller.

Archived