Corsair Community

VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 Lighting Enhancement Kit

Corsair Kevin

• Corsair Employee

Many have asked, now ye shall receive! We are happy to announce the Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 Lighting Enhancement Kit.

yHiC6JS.png

Complete Your System’s Look: Light Enhancement Modules in your empty DDR4 slots feature the same RGB lighting effects of your existing VENGEANCE RGB PRO memory modules.

Dynamic Multi-Zone RGB Lighting: 10 ultra-bright RGB LEDs per module.

Intelligent Control, Unlimited Possibilities: CORSAIR iCUE software brings your system to life with dynamic RGB lighting control, synchronized across all your iCUE compatible products, including memory, fans, RGB LED light strips, keyboards, mice and more.

Create and Customize: Choose from dozens of pre-set lighting profiles, create your own, or experiment with millions of user adjustable patterns and colors.

Wide-ranging compatibility: Works with most Intel and AMD DDR4 motherboards.

Style that Matches: Constructed with the same aluminum heat spreader to match the look of your existing CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO memory modules.

Additional Notes:

We have made the Lighting Enhancement modules to look identical to normal VENGEANCE RGB PRO memory modules, so it may be difficult to tell the difference at first glance. First, there are some notable differences you should be aware of, beyond not having any memory memory chips on the PCB. The most noticeable "tell" is the significantly reduced number of pins on the bottom of the PCB (see first image below). Additionally, the sticker on the back explicitly states "No DRAM."

Pin Comparison:

DP11ecp.png

Sticker Comparison:

DW61se6.png

Module Comparison:

Ej6VCe1.png

• 2 weeks later...

My exact issue. I have just brought two sets of these but the ICUE software is not detecting them so I am unable to edit the lighting.

I am running an:

ROG Asus x99 Strix

4 x 4gb standard Corsair ram with the addition of 4 RGB Vengeance RAM

I deleted the Asus Aura application to see if that conflicted with the ICUE but it seems to not have made a difference. Can you assist with why they are not being seen in ICUE?

Cheers

My exact issue. I have just brought two sets of these but the ICUE software is not detecting them so I am unable to edit the lighting.

I am running an:

ROG Asus x99 Strix

I deleted the Asus Aura application to see if that conflicted with the ICUE but it seems to not have made a difference. Can you assist with why they are not being seen in ICUE?

Cheers

The only thing that worked for me was going back to an earlier bios AND going back to an older build of iCUE, 3.9.9.3 to be exact.

Corsair need to go work with Asus a little on this one as it's various AMD and Intel boards that the Vengeance RGB Pro and Light Enhancement Kits aren't working with.

• Corsair Employee

I am running an:

ROG Asus x99 Strix

Cheers

Hi Tigzy, have you attempted to only have the VENGEANCE RGB PRO RAM installed? X99 along with B450 seem to be the chipsets that I've seen the most issues with, compatibility-wise. I would suggest moving to the newest BIOS and going from there. If there's an option to enable "SPD Write" in the BIOS, make sure that's enabled.

• Corsair Employee
The only thing that worked for me was going back to an earlier bios AND going back to an older build of iCUE, 3.9.9.3 to be exact.

Corsair need to go work with Asus a little on this one as it's various AMD and Intel boards that the Vengeance RGB Pro and Light Enhancement Kits aren't working with.

When we develop stuff like this, we do our best to make sure it's compatible with as many systems as possible and we do work with manufacturers for compatibility to some degree. In the end, it's really up to the board manufacturers to enable certain settings in the BIOS. There are only really a handful of chipsets that don't play nicely with the RGB RAM, and that isn't exclusive to CORSAIR's products.

From my standpoint, I hope there's more cohesion also, solely for the benefit of the end user, because I, like you, get a bit frustrated when workarounds and quick fixes need to be made.

When we develop stuff like this, we do our best to make sure it's compatible with as many systems as possible and we do work with manufacturers for compatibility to some degree. In the end, it's really up to the board manufacturers to enable certain settings in the BIOS. There are only really a handful of chipsets that don't play nicely with the RGB RAM, and that isn't exclusive to CORSAIR's products.

From my standpoint, I hope there's more cohesion also, solely for the benefit of the end user, because I, like you, get a bit frustrated when workarounds and quick fixes need to be made.

Understood and thank you for the reply, I hope Asus look at this problem and release an updated bios for affected motherboards.

Hi Tigzy, have you attempted to only have the VENGEANCE RGB PRO RAM installed? X99 along with B450 seem to be the chipsets that I've seen the most issues with, compatibility-wise. I would suggest moving to the newest BIOS and going from there. If there's an option to enable "SPD Write" in the BIOS, make sure that's enabled.

I have the system on the latest BIOS and everything. Even have the SPD write set to enabled. Can’t only have the RGB RAM in as it’s the light enhancement set so system wouldn’t run if I took the Other RAM out, will keep trying things.

Am tempted to buy the 2x8gb RAM kit for it aswell but wanted to make sure I can get them to work with the light enhancement kit before I spend another £150

I have noticed when I am in the ICUE software and I say show devices even if not connected I do not seen an option for the Heading memory. I presume this is where the problem is. I see all other things like the keyboard and other parts but no RAM heading.... is there a plan to fix this soon. I have the latest ICUE software downloaded

I have just done the latest ICue update and the RGB RAM option is still not present in the application even when I click show items not connected it is still not in the list...… I presume this is a corsair issue?

To add the lights are working on the Dummy RAM so they are cycling through the colours but I am unable to control them in the app

Edited by Tigzyboi

• Corsair Employee
I have just done the latest ICue update and the RGB RAM option is still not present in the application even when I click show items not connected it is still not in the list...… I presume this is a corsair issue?

To add the lights are working on the Dummy RAM so they are cycling through the colours but I am unable to control them in the app

Hi Tigzyboi, have you downloaded iCUE directly from the site and tried either reinstalling or running a repair? There might be an issue with updating through the app. There have been a couple other instances where devices weren't found after using the update function in iCUE. Can you try that if you haven't and let me know if it works? Thanks!

Hi Kevin. I did download direct from the main site.

I have finally been able to get my sticks to be viewable and edit them. I had to turn of X.M.P in the bios.... soon as I did that boom sees all sticks even my pretend Corsair RGB ones......

Been a right mare but got there in the end!!

Cheers Guys.

So I'm struggling to find clear confirmation of this, do these work with other Corsair ram, or JUST Vengeance RGB Pro?

I have a 32Gb Vengeance LPX Non RGB kit (2x16Gb sticks) (CMK32GX4M2F4000C19), leaving two dimms free. Can i still use these RGB Vengence Pro enhancement kits even though my other sticks are Vengeance LPX non RGB? (I might change to RGB Pro ram in the future to complete the look)

Thhhannks :)

• Corsair Employee

Gosh, I'm sorry it was such a hassle! With any luck, as time goes on, I hope to see widespread support while still allowing the use of XMP. I'm glad to hear everything was sorted out for the most part! :)

Hi Kevin. I did download direct from the main site.

I have finally been able to get my sticks to be viewable and edit them. I had to turn of X.M.P in the bios.... soon as I did that boom sees all sticks even my pretend Corsair RGB ones......

Been a right mare but got there in the end!!

Cheers Guys.

I am running an:

ROG Asus x99 Strix

Cheers

My ROG x470 Stix have the same issue. 4024 BIOS recognize the RAM but it's unstable and I can't run XFR, BIOS 4207 is stable but iCue cant recognized the RAM. Now the RAM turned off during a windows update and I can't turn it on without going back to the old BIOS. It's very frustrating and I'm sure this is more on Asus side than Corsair since it looks like most people having this issue are using Asus MBs.

Same problem here: I heard from Corsair a newer version of ICUE should fix this

(I have the ASUS PRIME X470-PRO) Asus told me to sell my ram basically, even after it worked with the first BIOS version fine:

Hi Travis,

Thank you for contacting ASUS product support. My name is Jhed C. and it is my pleasure to continue where you left off.

I appreciate your patience and for giving us time to come up with a resolution for your case. After collaborating with our engineers, we are now able to provide you with a recommendation on how to address your concern.

If you are using Vengeance Pro, the RGB will not be compatible. Please get the Corsair RGB (not Pro) and that one works

Should you need additional assistance, it will be my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing ASUS. Your case number is: N190215184.

Do you have feedback that you would like to share about your experience with our CEO? We’d love to hear about it! Share your feedback here: Contact our CEO's Office

Sincerely,

Jhed C.

ASUS Product Support

Edited by Technobeard
added BBCODE

Same problem here: I heard from Corsair a newer version of ICUE should fix this

(I have the ASUS PRIME X470-PRO) Asus told me to sell my ram basically, even after it worked with the first BIOS version fine:

I received a call from Asus today and after I went through all my testing and issues with the guy on the phone he said that they were going to look into it in their lab and see if there's a potential issue with their BIOS (which I'm sure it's the case) or my MB and give me a call back in about 2 business days. My issues are becoming more frequent and now I can't even run the 4 sticks in the latest BIOS since it won't pass the RAM post. Fingers crossed that I can get this sorted out and maybe lest stability issues from Asus part.

• Corsair Employee

Hi MrSprint! I have confirmed that they do indeed work with LPX RAM. However, they were definitely created as a means to fill in gaps for those already running Vengeance RGB Pro RAM in their systems, so there could be some issues when running with other combinations, especially any RAM that also has LEDs.

I tested with the following:

Vengeance LPX -> System posted, and lighting effects were configurable for Lighting Enhancement Kit

Vengeance LED -> PC didn't post

Vengeance RGB -> System posted, but neither show up in iCUE

So I'm struggling to find clear confirmation of this, do these work with other Corsair ram, or JUST Vengeance RGB Pro?

I have a 32Gb Vengeance LPX Non RGB kit (2x16Gb sticks) (CMK32GX4M2F4000C19), leaving two dimms free. Can i still use these RGB Vengence Pro enhancement kits even though my other sticks are Vengeance LPX non RGB? (I might change to RGB Pro ram in the future to complete the look)

Thhhannks :)

Hi MrSprint! I have confirmed that they do indeed work with LPX RAM. However, they were definitely created as a means to fill in gaps for those already running Vengeance RGB Pro RAM in their systems, so there could be some issues when running with other combinations, especially any RAM that also has LEDs.

I tested with the following:

Vengeance LPX -> System posted, and lighting effects were configurable for Lighting Enhancement Kit

Vengeance LED -> PC didn't post

Vengeance RGB -> System posted, but neither show up in iCUE

Superb, thanks for testing, very much appreciate the effort and extra mile :greengrin

Time to place an order :sunglasse

• Corsair Employee

My pleasure! If there's any way I can be of further assistance, I'd be glad to.

Out of curiosity, what chipset is in your motherboard?

Superb, thanks for testing, very much appreciate the effort and extra mile :greengrin

Time to place an order :sunglasse

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Corsair Employee
Can Corsair let us know if they will make a DOMINATOR PLATINUM RGB version or are these only available for the Vengeance RGB Pro?

Hello! If those do become a thing, we will be sure to make an announcement. As of right now, there's no news concerning such.