Corsair Community

REQUEST - How to make entire keyboard ripple on a specific key only?

Hello everyone, I was wondering how to make my entire keyboard ripple, but only when I press a certain key. The way it currently works is it either only ripples that single key, or it makes it able to ripple on every key.

Strafe RGB with US layout

• 5 months later...

Yeahhh, no? Don't just link to another thread when that other thread doesn't provide a resolved answer.

I, too, want to have a single key (Space) create a keyboard-wide ripple originating from itself. I want to do the same with Enter.

I used to be able to do this. CUE 2 is apparently still woefully underdeveloped. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? And no, I don't think I should have to manually animated the ruddy thing. Is CUE 1.X still available?

@Corsair - A bit disappointed really. Rule 1 of software development is don't go backwards.

Yeahhh, no? Don't just link to another thread when that other thread doesn't provide a resolved answer.

I, too, want to have a single key (Space) create a keyboard-wide ripple originating from itself. I want to do the same with Enter.

I used to be able to do this. CUE 2 is apparently still woefully underdeveloped. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? And no, I don't think I should have to manually animated the ruddy thing. Is CUE 1.X still available?

@Corsair - A bit disappointed really. Rule 1 of software development is don't go backwards.

No, you never used to be able to do this. Currently, you can only make a ripple start when a specific key is pressed but not from the key itself, only from the middle of the keyboard. As per the example, i showed you above.

• 5 weeks later...

I just recently finished a new computer build and had to reinstall all my programs, including CUE. I didn't realize how much had changed since I hadn't touched the software in years. Now that I see the new interface, I've been looking for a way to do this also.

I was able to recreate every effect I previously had except for one. I had my profile set up so that any time I pressed the Enter key there would be a rainbow ripple originating from the Enter key itself and travel through the entire keyboard. So far, as stated above, all I've been able to do is get the ripple to play after the Enter key is pressed, but not originate from the Enter key itself.

If it is no longer possible with the newer software, is there anything we can do to have the feature added back? Or is it just a matter of waiting to see what happens with future updates? Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to CUE lately.

I just recently finished a new computer build and had to reinstall all my programs, including CUE. I didn't realize how much had changed since I hadn't touched the software in years. Now that I see the new interface, I've been looking for a way to do this also.

I was able to recreate every effect I previously had except for one. I had my profile set up so that any time I pressed the Enter key there would be a rainbow ripple originating from the Enter key itself and travel through the entire keyboard. So far, as stated above, all I've been able to do is get the ripple to play after the Enter key is pressed, but not originate from the Enter key itself.

If it is no longer possible with the newer software, is there anything we can do to have the feature added back? Or is it just a matter of waiting to see what happens with future updates? Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to CUE lately.

It was never possible to make a ripple start from a specific key only when that specific key was pressed. You can make a ripple play from any key pressed when any key is pressed, if that makes sense. That's how its always been even since CUE 1. Basically create a ripple, start on key pressed and play from key pressed. End after 1.

I know you say it was never possible, but I actually managed to find a video I recorded that shows what I was talking about. I set up the arrow keys to play a wave going in the direction of the arrows across the entire keyboard, but you can disregard that for now. The main point is the rainbow ripple that comes from the Enter key and spreads throughout the keyboard without other keys being forced to have the same effect. I remember it being a bit challenging to do and if you look through my post history there was a forum where I managed to get some assistance on getting it to work.

Here is the video to show what I mean.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kFba7M0cq6wU6PM3kYFRBZ-oYZWGVqC_

I know you say it was never possible, but I actually managed to find a video I recorded that shows what I was talking about. I set up the arrow keys to play a wave going in the direction of the arrows across the entire keyboard, but you can disregard that for now. The main point is the rainbow ripple that comes from the Enter key and spreads throughout the keyboard without other keys being forced to have the same effect. I remember it being a bit challenging to do and if you look through my post history there was a forum where I managed to get some assistance on getting it to work.

Here is the video to show what I mean.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kFba7M0cq6wU6PM3kYFRBZ-oYZWGVqC_

I made you a profile with the same functions, and the rainbow starts from enter but doesn't go across the whole keyboard as that's how i determined the location of enter, if that makes sense. Are you sure when you made that profile you didn't use a third party software? I don't recall CUE 1 ever being able to do that.

[ATTACH]Test Profile[/ATTACH]

Test.cueprofile

100% sure it wasn't 3rd party software since I didn't even know you could use 3rd party software with this keyboard. I only used the CUE software from back in like 2014 or 2015. I can't really remember but that's about how old that video is.

I see what you did with the profile you made and for now that may be the only solution. Obviously not exactly the same effect, but it at least positions the ripple closer to the Enter key. I hadn't really thought to try that so I appreciate the effort. If you manage to find a way to replicate the effect from the video though please keep me informed.

On a side note, I glanced around the forums a bit and see your name pretty frequently. I appreciate what you do for the community and I'm glad you took the time to try and help me out. Keep it up! :D

Archived