Corsair Community

H100i GTX pump 0 rpm

Vipitis

So I haven't your my PC in three days and just came to play today.

I did open up my case to show a neighbour my system yesterday - but I didnt unplugged or switched anything.

I was just in my windows and a little chrome and heard the fans go crazy, checked link(dismissed an update) and saw my CPU temps were at 70C. In idle.

I saw my CPU fan for the 240radiator were going ham. Like 1500 rpm. I also noticed that my pump did show up at 0RPM in Link.

I shut my system off and did a reboot. Same thing happens.

I shut down and took some thermal images, I can share them on request. One pipe was at about 40C while the other was at 24 which is close to ambient right now.

I booted into BIOS AND SAW MY CPU_FAN reading at 0 and the temps slowly climbing from 30 to 45 to 60 and I shut off again.

It sounds like a pump issue to me. All connections are working, the radiator fans are spinning, I can't hear or feel the pump.

My question is: Is there any hope I can fix this myself? Or do I need to RMA? I don't have a secondary cooler.

I can supply all information and pictures or videos but it will take some time as I am limit to mobile for now.

And my neighbor even told me how I am ****ed when my AIO breaks and that I should do a custom loop.

Is fan control disabled for the CPU_FAN header in the BIOS? If not then you need to disable it. If not the H100iGTX will not get the constant +12 volts it needs which could explain the issues.

It would also be far easier to help you if you added your PC specs to your profile and posted a screen shot of the CL4 [Home] tab, so I advise you to do this.

It doesn't look promising and all the evidence suggests a pump failure of some type. If you wanted to try every option, you could move the H100i GTX lead to a different motherboard header. Make sure the BIOS fan control setting is set to 100%. You may need to temporarily put something else on CPU_Fan to avoid the boot error. However, since you still have fan power it suggests the failure is mechanical or tied to the pump relay in some way. Looks like you need to RMA.

I am not sure how this would be any different from a custom loop. If one part breaks, you need to replace it. Usually only people with multiple systems have an extra pump on hand. You could say the same thing about multiple systems and AIO units.

I haven't changed any BIOS settings. It worked for 7months without a problem.

In the Bios the temperatures from the CPU are at 40 already and once I boot into Windows they are 70 already.

I could try to make a screenshot of the home menu but it won't show anything special. Fan RPM is growing as my custom curve suggests, up to 1500 at 65+ and the pump shows as 0 RPM. Could updating to the latest version of link solve this??

As far as my other specs go: I don't have access to the PCPartPicker list on my phone right now. But basically

-i5 6600K at stock

-H100i GTX

-Msi Z170A mITX board

-MSI gaming GTX970 twin frozen V

-BeQueit STARIGHT power 10 600W

-all in a Prodigy case from BitFenix.

This board only has to 4pin fan headers, one for CPU_FaN and a SYS_FAN.

I got the CPU block in the CPu fan header and the splitter for the dual fan rad and they work.

Sys fan is a front intake. I was planning on using a Y splitger with dual 3pin to power front and rear fan but haven't done that yet. Although I own the splitter.

I will try to post screenshots later.

I have fan power through the CpU block for the fans. I have temp reading and a LED that is normally green still green.

My question was it it could be some other error that is related to something easier, like a bubble of gas or something I haven't slchanged anythib in my computer not the power configuration and not the orientation.

I only opens up the side panel to showoff.

Only thing I haven't done is upgraded to latest version of Link.

And I haven't used my PC for three days and it was really hot in Germany. Although my room was probably at a 25C max.

I took some pictures as soon as Link started with ShareX and found the pictures in my shared chrome History. These pictures are taking less then a minute into booting the computer.

http://imgur.com/fQP6HAV?r

And here one showing the pump

http://imgur.com/qEQobtk?r

I hope the quality is sufficient due to multiple compression from ShareX and imgur.

I will update my computer specs into my forum profile as well.

As said, I haven't updated to the latest Link update. I could try doing it but it would take a few minutes and could damage or shutdown my computer.

Your initial assessment is correct. Slow and continual building temperatures are the sign of a flow problem, either a failing pump or blockage of some kind. You have pump reading zero, it makes no mechanical vibrations, and the outflow tube is warm. Regardless of the exact failing of the pump, you need to secure a replacement. I am afraid there is no simple remedy for this and it could not be caused by bubbles or a momentary glitch. Chances are the failing was electrical within the pump rather than a mechanical wearing, but only the person who dismantles it will know for sure.

You are not likely to damage the computer in this state with fast, basic operations, but there is no need to excessively document the issue unless Corsair asks you to do so. Fill out the RMA worksheet and upload your purchase invoice.

Archived