Corsair Community

Strafe RGB Volume Control and Update Problems

apanpapan3

I have ever since I got my Strafe RGB a week ago had some problems with the software. The first problem I encountered was that I could not bind keys to volume controls. When I did this, the software displayed that the key was correctly bound to a volume control, but when I pressed the key nothing happened. The media controls using the FN-key and the F-keys works however, and remapping keys to other things than volume controls works fine.

To try to fix this I tried to update the firmware. When I clicked the "Update Firmware" button I got an error message saying "Failed to check for a firmware update". After this I selected "Force update from the server" which resulted in another error message: "Failed to update device firmware". I don't know if this is because there is no available firmware update, but if so it should say that I'm running the latest version of the firmware.

Today a new version of the software was released, and I could not receive the update through CUE, it just displayed an error message similar to the error message I received when trying to update the firmware. I exported my profiles, uninstalled the software and downloaded the latest version. I still can't remap keys to volume controls and I still get an error message when trying to update the firmware.

How do I fix these issues?

I came looking on the forums for this exact issue...

I have tried to map a couple keys to media volume up and volume down and it doesn't work in Windows 10 (or even in apps like VLC).

The FN F7/F8 work just fine. I'd be fine getting around it by macroing the keys I want to FN F7/F8 but you can't include FN in a macro...

Any ideas Corsair? Perhaps this has to be fixed in a software update?

I came looking on the forums for this exact issue...

I have tried to map a couple keys to media volume up and volume down and it doesn't work in Windows 10 (or even in apps like VLC).

The FN F7/F8 work just fine. I'd be fine getting around it by macroing the keys I want to FN F7/F8 but you can't include FN in a macro...

Any ideas Corsair? Perhaps this has to be fixed in a software update?

not sure what the issue is but ill report the bug once i confirm it.

Assigning the media controls (Volume Up/Down) via a new action does not work.

A workaround (Working on my side) is available though.

1. Click the assignments tab.

2. Right click the key you want to remap the volume up/down to.

3. Click Remap Key/button

4. Select Media key under the dropdown menu

5. Select Volume Up/Down and press OK.

6. The keys should now work.

• 5 months later...
Bug Confirmed on the STRAFE RGB/K95 RGB.

Assigning the media controls (Volume Up/Down) via a new action does not work.

A workaround (Working on my side) is available though.

1. Click the assignments tab.

2. Right click the key you want to remap the volume up/down to.

3. Click Remap Key/button

4. Select Media key under the dropdown menu

5. Select Volume Up/Down and press OK.

6. The keys should now work.

this work around is not workng with my strafe rbg software 1.16.42 firmware 1.33

Archived