Corsair Community

Pop up box shows up when changing volume. K70 LUX RGB.

Hello all,

Since about a month I experience a pop up box when I change the volume.

It says it's coming from chrome.exe but was unable to find anything in there to turn it off.

It also stays there for about seven seconds and cannot click it away, if I hoover over it, it says even longer.:dunno:

As you can imagine, I'd like to get rid of it and hope anyone here can help me.

Thank you for your your time.

quick3.thumb.jpg.089f5b14744eab6014d7ce63477c0251.jpg

• Corsair Employee

That pop up itself is a Windows feature though the Chrome.exe showing up is due to a recent update with Chrome itself forcing media keys to only control the Chrome Browser. This can be disabled by changing the setting in Chrome itself by following the directions below.

Head to Chrome://Flags

Locate Hardware Media Key Handling

From the drop down set to Disable

• 1 year later...
Recently, I am getting pop-up ad along with the volume control whenever I use the Corsair volume wheel. Is this a Corsair thing? It seems to have nothing to do with Chrome (or any other browser), but even when I followed the instructions above to get rid of it in Chrome, it's still doing it. Please tell me how to get rid of this!

• Corsair Employee
Recently, I am getting pop-up ad along with the volume control whenever I use the Corsair volume wheel. Is this a Corsair thing? It seems to have nothing to do with Chrome (or any other browser), but even when I followed the instructions above to get rid of it in Chrome, it's still doing it. Please tell me how to get rid of this!

If you do a fresh system restart, does the ad still pop up when adjusting volume via the wheel?