Corsair Community

kaby lake not supported?

kvazimut

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect the CPUIDSDK.dll is too old and the next CL4 release will do better.

I would be interested to know if my SIV utility does any better. I added support a while ago, but have not done as much testing as I would have liked. I suspect if you sent me the save files I would have a beta fully reporting the system later today.

Thank you. I was expecting/hoping for the full screen rather than just part of it. From what is visible SIV looks to have done OK reporting the CPU, but the NCT6793D motherboard sensor looks like it needs some small adjustments. To do this I would need the save files, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I need.

Thank you. I was expecting/hoping for the full screen rather than just part of it. From what is visible SIV looks to have done OK reporting the CPU, but the NCT6793D motherboard sensor looks like it needs some small adjustments. To do this I would need the save files, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=788225 for what I need.

I sent you files in email. Sorry it took so long, got knocked out by a nasty flu.

I sent you files in email.

Thank you and I replied to it.

I suspect SIV 5.15 Beta-16 (Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta) will do better on your ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming and many other ASUS Z270 motherboards.

BTW it would be good if you added your PC specs to your profile.

Thank you and I replied to it.

I suspect SIV 5.15 Beta-16 (Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta) will do better on your ASUS Strix Z270E Gaming and many other ASUS Z270 motherboards.

BTW it would be good if you added your PC specs to your profile.

I am having the same issue as the OP with the Z270G mATX model of the Strix line.

Will using your SIV tool allow me to link my radiator fan speeds to my CPU temperature? Right now that is the biggest thing driving me crazy, as my load temps are high because my fans can't be linked to my CPU temperature.

Will using your SIV tool allow me to link my radiator fan speeds to my CPU temperature?

Yes and it also has hold-off times to prevent too many speed changes. Which cooler do you have?

Have a read of http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%20to%20Control%20Corsair%20Link%20Hardware.pdf to get started.

Given you have a Z270G then if you use 5.15 Beta-18 or later more motherboard information will be reported and if you send me the SIV save files from the beta I suspect it will get even better.

Yes and it also has hold-off times to prevent too many speed changes. Which cooler do you have?

Have a read of http://rh-software.com/Using%20SIV%20to%20Control%20Corsair%20Link%20Hardware.pdf to get started.

Given you have a Z270G then if you use 5.15 Beta-18 or later more motherboard information will be reported and if you send me the SIV save files from the beta I suspect it will get even better.

I have the H100i V2 cooler. I was about to purchase a PWM-splitter to control the fans from the motherboard but hopefully SIV does the trick until Corsair finally addresses this lack of compatibility. I even made a troubleshooting ticket regarding this software issue with them as well.

Thanks for your fast reply, red-ray. I will setup and test SIV when I am home a little bit later and report back.

• 2 weeks later...
What would be the solution to read these parameters from the motherboard and processor?

Do you mean for CL4 or to do this or in general?

For CL4 there needs to be a newer version of C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\cpuidsdk.dll that supports Kaby Lake, Corsair could in theory offer this as a download, but I suspect you will have to wait for a new CL4 release.

In general most other utilities will report Kaby Lake and I am at a loss as to why Corsair have failed to address this issue in a timely manor.

I added Kaby Lake support to SIV in July 2016 so feel Corsair are incompetent and lacking in professional diligence as they have still not done this by now.

If so, do you have to wait for Corsair to upgrade your software?

Don't be silly, I would never write any software that relies on Corsair software. Reread what I said.

My software will of course report Kaby Lake as you can see below.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27387&d=1485264894

I setup new PC with Asus Strix Z270E + i7 7700k kaby lake. Corsair link does not read any temperatures. This is what I get.

kaby.jpg

I also get the same results from my Asrock Z270 extreme 4 motherboard.:D:

Very strange that Corsair never did some test about compatibility on new mobos.

Looking at software development it may take a while.

I had answers from Corsair, soon an update of Corsair Link.

Support: Criado por: Francois TS (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)

Hello Denis,

There are some incompatibility issues between CL4 and Kaby Lake. We're working towards fixing it in a coming update. For now, try a fresh installation:

- Please make sure to install all updates for Windows.

- Uninstall the Corsair Link software.

- Run CCleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

- Restart your computer

- Reinstall Corsair Link.

Support: Criado por: Technical Support Rep (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)

Hello Denis,

There are some incompatibility issues between CL4 and Kaby Lake. We're working towards fixing it in a coming update. For now, try a fresh installation:

- Restart your computer

This is total rubbish. The issue is that C:\Program Files (x86)\CorsairLink4\cpuidsdk.dll is too old to support Kaby Lake and for this to work Corsair need to make a later release of the CPUID SDK available for download.

You can reinstall CL4 'till the cows come home and it will not work 'till you get a later CPUID SDK.

It also caused issues on my systems and I reported this a long time ago.

The CPUID SDK that comes with CL 4.3.0.154 is ancient and as a result my DIMMs and NVMe Disks still don't get reported. Why was such an old CPUID SDK released?

The following is exactly the kind of support you can expect from Corsair. They admit the software is incompatible with Kaby Lake, yet they ask you to reinstall, like that will somehow make their software now work with Kaby Lake. :confused:

This is a new low... even for Corsair. I refuse to buy any more of their products... ANY, EVER! I also promise to be a walking billboard who will let anyone I know looking for Corsair products, hear about the breadth of their disdain and mistreatment of customers.

Support: Criado por: Francois TS (2/1/2017 10:16 AM)

Hello Denis,

- Restart your computer

Archived