Corsair Community

Cooling options for 460x RGB

Promtheus132

Hi, I hope this thread is in the correct place, I have a Corsair Crystal series 460X RGB case and I have just bought a RM850i PSU to help tidy my case a little as currently it is a mess. I am now looking to buy a new CPU cooler as the one I have currently is only a temporary one. I was going to get the Corsair H115i PRO RGB but I don't think it will fit in the top position due to my RAM being in the way. I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my options as I love the RGB fan controller and didn't ideally want to have to move the three fans at the front. But I am open to all suggestions.

Promie

You need to go with a 240mm size cooler instead of 280mm.

Hi, thank you very much for your reply! So that should fit in the top position of my case and does that include the fans as well? Also do you know of any Corsair coolers that would fit? As I am worried about the depth.

Many thanks,

Promie!

Unfortunately I've measured the depth I've got to play with and I doubt 40mm would fit any radiator and fan. So I'm now thinking of taking the front fans out and putting a radiator down the front but I don't want to lose the aesthetic I get with the three front fans and the black tinted glass. Can I still get that with a radiator and fans?

You can still put the radiator on the front with the 3xSP120-RGB fans in place on the glass. You can't use the H100i PRO/Platinum to control them, but they will be controllable through normal measures. This is a common obstacle and a lot of people put the two included 120mm fan behind the radiator on the interior, creating a push-pull fan set-up. That is not required a single layer of fans should do the job.

Top mount with the 240mm is probable, but not guaranteed. If you have super tall RAM or odd shaped motherboard heatsinks, you may still run into collision issues. If you google up some photos, you will see some top mounted 240mm coolers. I always think it looks a bit top heavy in the 460x, but that is an aesthetic consideration.

I face a similar problem like yours and so I put the H115i in front (it did not fit the top for my 460xRGB) and I am using the 140mm ML RGB fan and it looks great, I mover the front panel SL RGB to the top and everything looks great

Archived