Corsair Community

Corsair Obsidian 1000D + Commander Pro = Problem with fans

Lifescayper

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me out with this. I bought the Obsidian 1000D, it came with a Commander Pro and I wanted to control my fans with it.

So far I had 3 different experiences:

a) All fans just work

b) Sometimes some fans don't work but the rest are fine

c) All work and then some just suddenly stop to work

I am using both softwares the Corsair Link and the iCUE.

My setup is as follows (connected fan bundles to cmd pro):

Commander Pro

-> Connection1: 3x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-2 140mm

-> Connection2: 2x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-1 120mm

-> Connection3: 4x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-3 120mm

-> Connection4: 4x Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-3 120mm

Experience 1:

When I first started to build my new rig, everything worked fine during the installation of windows and new software.

Experience 2:

After I was done and placed the case from my table onto the floor and booted I noticed Con3 and Con4 not to work - though they did just 5 minutes before, when on the table. So I reconnected them on a different port on the commander and they worked again.

Experience 3:

I installed a media player, which caused window to reset "default applications" to their default values - during which I noticed that Con3 stopped working

In iCUE it only shows me 2 fans(connections) running, even though actually 3 are. Con4 is simply gone.

Should I be able to see the commander pro in any software? Link or iCUE?

I attached 3 files, showing my link and iCUE

Thanks for the help!

corsair_link.thumb.png.f729d78461476c85bf590fda7d00b589.png

corsair_link_devices.png.36db979887f8566f861e423afef7f341.png

corsair_iCUE.thumb.png.419b69af98337370b4ad35ad30bddd2b.png

Uhhh ... that's far too much to put on a CoPro. You've probably blown out the fan headers.

The entire CoPro can only take 4.5A for ALL of the fans (That's a limit of the SATA connection). You've got a total of 14 fans on the CoPro. That's likely going to go over that, at least at startup (which is a 12V/full power burst).

Now ... officially, Corsair does not support the use of splitters on the Commander Pro. Unofficially, many of us are running 2-way splitters just fine ... 3 way splitters is almost guaranteed to cause issues. I don't think we've ever seen anyone try 4-way splitters but I wouldn't expect it to be good.

Uhhh ... that's far too much to put on a CoPro. You've probably blown out the fan headers.

The entire CoPro can only take 4.5A for ALL of the fans (That's a limit of the SATA connection). You've got a total of 14 fans on the CoPro. That's likely going to go over that, at least at startup (which is a 12V/full power burst).

Now ... officially, Corsair does not support the use of splitters on the Commander Pro. Unofficially, many of us are running 2-way splitters just fine ... 3 way splitters is almost guaranteed to cause issues. I don't think we've ever seen anyone try 4-way splitters but I wouldn't expect it to be good.

Hey,

thanks for the help - I was thinking the same, though when I originally planed my fan layout I did the math and it all looked fine.

Anyways, I removed Con3 and Con4 from the Commander and connected them directly to the mainboard - so far so good.

Cheers

Archived