Corsair Community

New owner couple questions

MattyK

I've descided to swap out the i7-7700k cpu you for a stock 7700. Last time replaced a CPU only in a build Windows needed me to reinput my reg. Key. Will Windows automatically see the key that comes with the One or do I need to extract/find it.

Also my unit is has a chirping vrm blower fan. Unfortunately Amazon is out of stock to exchange. Since everything else works and I'm already voiding warranty could anyone tell me GPU bracket that is used. Is it Hydro Series™ HG10 N980 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket?

As long as you keep the same motherboard, you'll be fine when it comes to the Windows Key. As far as the GPU bracket, it's a modified version of the HG10 N980 that is only used for CORSAIR ONE.

Are you able to tell me in what way it's modified? It's not anything that would interfere with just swapping the fan is it?

Also I've noticed an odd anomaly. Every now and then when checking Corsair link I noticed my Max temp for coolant listed high temps like 95c or one time it said 110c. Since I first saw this I've been watching it while gaming but have yet to actually see it ever spike. When I started the computer up today I noticed it sounded "deadly quiet" and for a few seconds I thought the noise problem had solved it self! But then nope the noise started. I then looked at Link and saw the max cooling temp listed as 92c. I'm wondering if sometimes the pumps and fans arn't spinning up as soon as they should be. Is this something to be worried about or are coolants ratded for higher temps. The CPU temp is fine though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

The mounting holes on the bracket were updated for 10-series cards.

Regarding the temps you're reporting. Is Corsair Link running when that happens? It shouldn't get that high. I'd double check to make sure that the CLink4 service hasn't stopped if that happens again.

Archived