Corsair Community

iCUE losing control on Cpu fan speeds / h100i v2

overfixer

Hello,

iCUE software losing control on my h100i v2 fans randomly. I have a custom fan profile on performance area but from time to time its loosing control and working like idle. I mean i cant get control back. Default profiles quiet, balanced extreme and also my custom profiles dont work. Sometimes it happens after i started my computer in 3 - 5 hours sometimes in 12 hours , sometimes after a day.

I couldnt find any solution. Cables correct. All usb and other drivers updated.

Bios updated. Using windows 10 x64 1809 updated.

Bios settings : i closed everyting about cpu and fan settings motherboard is not controlling anything. i checked it million times. :evil:

If I use Corsair Link software + Corsair Utiliy Engine 2.24.50 everyting work perfectly never losing control. If I use iCUE losing fan speed control.

If I re-start my computer ı can get control back on icue for my fan speeds but couple hours laters losing control again.

Please help me out here im really tired of this problem. Since corsair created iCUE software i am dealing with this problem no solution.

my system

asus ranger viii maximus motherboard

32 gb rams gskill ripjaws 3000 + CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO LED ddr4

core i7 6700K skylake cpu no overlocked

asus o8g strix 1070 gpu

corsair carbide spec alpha case

sound blaster z creative sound card

Corsair Force LE SSD (SSD)

ST1000DM010-2EP102

ST2000DM006-2DM164

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB (SSD)

thanks a lot waiting for help from users or corsair support ...

similar problems on reddit corsair :

• Corsair Employee

hey overfixer, where do you have the cooler fans connected? do have them plugged into the cooler? or directly to the MB fan header?

It's interesting that running C Link and iCUE simultaneously solves the problem, but when you remove C Link and leave iCUE on its own, then you lose control. That shouldn't happen, iCUE should be able to retain and run the profile without C Link.

hey overfixer, where do you have the cooler fans connected? do have them plugged into the cooler? or directly to the MB fan header?

It's interesting that running C Link and iCUE simultaneously solves the problem, but when you remove C Link and leave iCUE on its own, then you lose control. That shouldn't happen, iCUE should be able to retain and run the profile without C Link.

Hello, corsair link cable directly plugged into motherboard usb. h100i v2 fans pluggled into mb fan header .

C link and icue simultaneously dont solve the problem. Corsair Link + Corsair Utiliy Engine 2,24,50 ( old version only controls keyboard and mouse ) this is solving my problem only.

if i install and use icue . I have problem. Icue working without c link but its losing control on fan speed always.

Neither Corsair Link nor iCUE will control fans plugged in to the motherboard header. They can only control fans plugged into the header on the cooler.

Also, are you running any other monitoring software?

I uninstalled all monitoring tools / software . Only have icue.

so what can I do ?

by the way , my mistake , fans plugged into the header on the cooler directly as you said . everything normal .

Edited by overfixer

What other monitoring tools were you using?

Did you look in Device Manager to reset the Corsair USBXp Driver (See the AIO FAQ linked in my signature)?

Aida64, core temp, asus gpu tweak and msi afterburner I was using. Unistalled them but nothing changed.

so you suggest me disable corsair xp driver and enable again ?

http://i68.tinypic.com/21bu8bc.jpg

What other monitoring tools were you using?

Did you look in Device Manager to reset the Corsair USBXp Driver (See the AIO FAQ linked in my signature)?

Can someone ELI5 this for me? I do not show that driver under USB controllers in device manager and have no idea which one to update to try and get it installed.

Hey I checked my pc case today again.

1 : corsair link cable on the cooler plugged into the motherboard usb

2 : 2 x h100i v2 cooler fans connected directly into the cooler header.

3 : the other pump cable on the cooler connected to CPU fan header on my motherboard.

this is the situation but still my cooler fans hung randomly in 24 hours .

Any idea ? maximus ranger asus VIII motherboard I am using. Windows 1809 original.

If you reset the USBXp Driver, do you regain control, at least temporarily?

You mentioned it still happens after you do this but I'm curious if it resolves it temporarily. You can also try restarting the service.

TBH ... it sounds like there is a conflict. I know that you uninstalled those tools ... I have to wonder if there is something else doing it.

If you reset the USBXp Driver, do you regain control, at least temporarily?

You mentioned it still happens after you do this but I'm curious if it resolves it temporarily. You can also try restarting the service.

TBH ... it sounds like there is a conflict. I know that you uninstalled those tools ... I have to wonder if there is something else doing it.

When I disable it nothing changes. I cant get back control temporarily.

Disable / Enable is not a solution.

I dont understand your offers. When I restarted the service if control comes back so what ? Everytime everyday I dont want to do this. It is not a solution for me.

i add all installed programs screenshot here you check . I dont have any other monitoring tool. By the way i could be i need msi afterburner or asus gpu tweak 2. It doesnt make any sense ? Using gpu tweak + corsair ICUE it wouldnt be a problem for no one. It is normal right ? ( i will install them again i need other monitoring tools also )

http://i68.tinypic.com/vdpfvb.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/vwzxpe.jpg

My "offers" are troubleshooting to see if we can narrow down where the root cause is and then come to a better solution, if possible. If you don't want to try troubleshooting, why bother posting on the forum?

Why do you give attitude to someone that is taking their own free time to try to help you?

• 3 weeks later...
I closed windows fast boot from bios. Also I closed it on power settings .

Couple days all good . It is controlling fans never lost control on it.

I will check and report it again .

Nothing changed. I uninstalled İCUE.

Im using CORSAIR LINK + Corsair utility engine 2.24.50 now. this is only solution.

I will look for a new water cooling solution except corsair. Probably I will buy NZXT product.

• 1 year later...
I have the exact same thing going on. Custom curves are not the issue, as the default fan curve ov "quiet" stays quite until after you run a game. Then from there on out regardless of temp (right now its at 50 c), both fans on the AIO are cranking at 2.5k rmp. The fans are connected to the AIO header directly, and nothing else should be controlling this. I specifcially went to the BIOS and also disabled control of the CPU fan there too.

• 5 months later...
My "offers" are troubleshooting to see if we can narrow down where the root cause is and then come to a better solution, if possible. If you don't want to try troubleshooting, why bother posting on the forum?

Why do you give attitude to someone that is taking their own free time to try to help you?

Hello Dev, i'm having the same problem, well, my cooler fans are running normally (H100i PLATINUM) around 300-700 and boost up when needed but my case fans however are running constantly at 1500+ RPM no matter what mode i put them on, quiet, balanced, extreme .. all are the same, note that all of this at idle with temps of 38 C on cpu and 50 C on gpu, but i noticed that when i put it on quiet mode they go back and forth from 1300 to 1500 but every other mode is making the fans run at 1500+ RPM all the time, it is very loud and annoying.

did you figure out what was the problem, if you did please help me out.

it was all fine until the recent update of iCue Software