Corsair Community

Strafe with KVM??

bigbacon

I think I may have soled it.

Used the KVM's hotkey to first disable emulation on the mouse port. told it to auto dectect the keyboard type and turned on the Datasync thing.

Plugged the data USB port into a phone charger usb thing and plugged that in. Plugged the keyboard into the mouse port on the KVM.

Shutdown everything, powered off everything, powered everything back on and now it works.

Rosewill RKV-2DVI KVM

edit:

I also daid the firmware ujpdate on the keyboard.

Many KVM switches don't like the backlit keyboards for whatever reason, I'm going to guess it may have to do with the power they try to pull. My iogear KVM won't deal with the logitech mechanical or the strafe either I have to keep an old cheapie membrane around for those times, doesn't matter I don't work on multiple machines much anymore so the KVM is sort of a dinosaur to me anymore, plus all the monitors are hdmi or vga anymore and I haven't seen a kvm yet with hdmi plugs for monitor sharing not to mention other older machines might still have vga or dvi plugs...aaack don't know why they did away with the dvi so fast but i think i read that you can use an adapter from hdmi to dvi if you have to.

the side lighting works but it seems the key lighting does not OR i just don't know how to enable it using the completely horrid software.

KVM for me is required. one desk, 2 computers that need to share keyboard, mouse, monitor. I'm using HDMI/DVI actually with mine.

Archived