Corsair Community

BSOD on shutdown after installing SSD

axel4axel

Hello,

I have an ASUS K53SC laptop and I have recently bought a Corsair Force 3 SSD. After installing it, I have a problem that occurs most of the times (not always though): when shutting down, sleeping, or hibernating, the screen goes black as normal but the laptop does not power off (or go into sleep respectively). If I leave it like that for more than 10 minutes, I get the BSOD in the attachment.

I tried upgrading to the latest firmware and AHCI drivers, but the problem persisted. I should also mention that I get no minidump.

I noticed there was a similar thread: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=549777. However it ended prematurely without being solved.

Is there a problem with my SSD? Should I return it?

image.thumb.jpg.79ef6dcaededc6f5c3d6985b59b94b24.jpg

First of all, thanks for the replies.

@Toasted

I have the latest BIOS version and I have no power related settings in BIOS. I actually have very few settings, and the only one that has any relevance is the SATA mode (AHCI or IDE), but if I switch it to IDE, Windows no longer boots (Windows is installed on the SSD).

@Synthohol

If I try installing the hotfix I get "This update is not applicable to your computer". It might be that the hotfix is already installed (I have SP1 and the hotfix predates SP1 so it could have been included in it).

Also, this is related to the problem of getting this BSOD on resuming from sleep. I get it before sleeping/hibernating/shutting down.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived