Corsair Community

Corsair K70 MK.2 stops working after a few minutes

strykerzr350

I have tired holding down the escape key while plugging it in but that does not work. This keyboard stops responding to any keystrokes and shows up in the iCUE software with a red caution icon with an exclamation mark in it.

I keep getting messages telling me that the profiles are not compatible and I clear them off. I am also running the latest version of Corsair iCUE. I have cleared the on board storage and it does not help.

I can leave the randomized RGB pinwheel setting active and the RGB quits as well.

The RGB pass through continues to function.

Is there any fix for this, or have I gotten a bad keyboard?

I bought this keyboard to replace my K70 Lux RGB that my cat destroyed. My cat has been no where near this new keyboard as shes not allowed in my computer area.

This problem is getting annoying, and quite frankly it is a dumb problem. I have never had a keyboard do this.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I am trying to find a solution on that on K95 ... What's going on with those keyboards? Mine after 2h stop responding need to plug in plug out. Restarting computer when it stop responding doesn't make the keyboard alive. So plug out is necessary.

Trying this one... let's see but this problem with those keyboards seems not to be rare.

1. Open Device manager

2. Locate Human Interface Device

3. Locate and right click on "Corsair Compositive Virtual Input Device"

4. Select Uninstall Device and click the checkbox to delete drivers

5. Restart the computer *6. Perform a soft reset on the keyboard, hold the ESC as you plug the keyboard back in and release after 20 seconds.

Updated firmware, reseted, restarted, cleared drivers, let me see... all drivers new, newest BIOS, all Win10 updates ... Let's see, but I'm starting regretting switching from L... to Corsair in this case.

Edited by F1le