Corsair Community

CX400W Issues....Plz help me!

xtremegamer

Hello...

Im From INDIA , First of all Corsair PSU are Superb Build Quality , Performance and Low HEat and Correct Voltages, I have Memory, Usb Drive from Corsair all are performing well... My Current Issue is with Power SUpply Corsair 400WCX , India here AC voltage is 230V, As In Corsair Manual specifies tat it's Universal , So when i Switch on My UPS , Eg: PSU Back Switched is on Postion, There is some sound sometimes at that time my UPS Relay Triggers and Get One Beep Sound From UPS, then it came back to normal... May Be it Detects Correct Input Voltage source i think... My English is not well... So Forum i think u got it....

My UPS is IBALL 600VA... It has no prblms with my Cheap OLD power supply.... Help me Urgent Please..

Me and my friend both Buyed a Corsair 400wCX PSU, He is using Gigabyte Ga945gcmx Mobo, All Processor and Psu Fans running but no display, And we checked with old Power supply Working Fine... Help us plz....

Hello Me and my friend both Buyed a Corsair 400wCX PSU, He is using Gigabyte Ga945gcmx Mobo, All Processor and Psu Fans running but no display, And we checked with old Power supply Working Fine... Help us plz....
what are his detailed specs?

My Current Issue is with Power SUpply Corsair 400WCX , India here AC voltage is 230V, As In Corsair Manual specifies tat it's Universal , So when i Switch on My UPS , Eg: PSU Back Switched is on Postion, There is some sound sometimes at that time my UPS Relay Triggers and Get One Beep Sound From UPS, then it came back to normal... May Be it Detects Correct Input Voltage source i think... My English is not well... So Forum i think u got it....

My UPS is IBALL 600VA... It has no prblms with my Cheap OLD power supply.... Help me Urgent Please..

does the computer work fine without the UPS??

what are his detailed specs?
Gigabyte GA-945GCMX Mobo, Intel Pentium D Processor, And ASUS 5750 1GB Card.. Checked with onboard Video too, when connecting old power supply Display Working fine....

I'm also having one Corsair 400WCX and Asus 5750 1Gb card Display working fine

But MY mobo is INTEL DP35DP mobo and INTEL C2D 7200 processor....

does the computer work fine without the UPS??

DIDn't test it's only happening when low voltage times i think, i will reply back if any problems happen.....

H! Synthohol...

I have checked My Friends Power supply with PC, Fan spins On PSU, and My CPU Fans and Graphics Card and all Peripherals Fans Spins at Maximum Speed i can hear @ Loud , And the final Result was No DIsplay... Checked With my Corsair 400WCX PSU Working Fine on Friend PC, and After tat When I connected my PSU Back to My Mobo , The CPU Fan Just Spins and System Turned off don't knw what was happened, and i wait for 2 minutes and then powered On Thank GOD My PC Back to Normal.... Me And My Friend Both Buyed the Same Model Corsair 400WCX My Luck One Worked... And the Other got some problem i dont knw.... I Don't why tis Happened with My Favourite Top Brand CORSAIR ..Actually i Suggested Him to Buy CORSAIR , ANyway Dealer Told us to replace with new Unit ...My Friend waiting 4 new one... And i dont knw what was happened with PC after i connected with My PSU" I mean first time CPU Spins and turned off suddenly".....

And one Question... Is there any problem My PSU Back Swithced on position... so i don't want to turn on and off back switch everytime.... And some Buzz sound noticed at Power Cut, My UPS make some Buzz sound i Battery mode, so My PSU too is it normal... I'm asking so many questions sorry i'm new to Corasir PSU....

if the PSU worked ok in another computer, the problem is with your PC not the PSU.

also it is normal for the pc to power up for a moment and off then restart, the motherboard controls that as i see it every time i make a bios change. i wouldnt worry about it as lonk as everything works once it starts the second time.

also im sorry if i misunderstood anything, i know you are trying to communicate the best you can.

also there is no reason to turn off the switch in the back.

if the PSU worked ok in another computer, the problem is with your PC not the PSU.

also it is normal for the pc to power up for a moment and off then restart, the motherboard controls that as i see it every time i make a bios change. i wouldnt worry about it as lonk as everything works once it starts the second time.

also im sorry if i misunderstood anything, i know you are trying to communicate the best you can.

also there is no reason to turn off the switch in the back.

H! Mate... My English is not well tat's the prblm.... Actually Me and My Friend Both Ordered the same Model PSU Corsair 400wcx, My Working fine, other one not working with my System or My Friends system, No display Fans Spins @ Loud, so some problem with one PSU i think u got it... My PSU is working Fine, and about Buzz sound when powercut happens i can hear it when i m close to PSU Grill, UPS makes Buzz Sound at tat time , so PSu too i think it's normal..... Isn't it....

H!...

My PSU is Corsair 400WCX, does my UPS handle this , My UPS is 600VA, Last time with Cheap OLD power supply there were some problems when power cut happens , while we on Gaming sometimes the system restarts itself, i was having Nvidia 8600gt card ,nw upgraded to Asus ATI radeon 5750 Card.... "UPS is I-BALL 600VA...."

H!...

Well i have bought a new Corsair 400WCX nice one, Build Quality, Low heat, Voltage doesn't drop, good Amp... I bought tis one to replace my Cheap 400W "ENTER" PSU which is rated just 8A on 12v rail, but MY " CORSAIR" have 30A on 12v Rail, but one dissappointment have some Low Buzz noise , like Shorting sound when i'm close to Back PSU grill, it's only when system Cold starts, and at Powercuts time, Im Staying in India so here it's 230V , CORSAIR is Designed tat can Input 90v- 260VAC Range..

My Cheap PSU Has No This Low Buzz Sound why this happens, i saw so many guys reporting it on Different Models, i think it's not a Problem with a PSU, it's by design or.... Anyone help me.... My Favourite Brand is " CORSAIR" so what ever will be i trust.

• Corsair Employee

We have seen that high efficiency (80+ rated) PSUs are more prone to buzzing than cheaper low quality units, because they are more sensitive to the incoming power from your outlet. Since higher efficiency units are utilizing more of the power coming from your outlet, there is less room for error regarding the incoming current, and a higher efficiency unit will be more sensitive to the voltage fluctuations from your outlet.

There are other reasons why a PSU may buzz, ranging from power settings in the BIOS to video drivers, to a bad component within the PSU. I would suggest using this thread to help narrow down the possibilities and if it looks like replacing the PSU may resolve the problem then please Request an RMA.

Hello ..

Corsair 400WCX PSU was Faulty, no display checked with other system, Same results, PSU Fan spins... But No display , Hw Do i RMA from INDIA, Here CORSAIR Support is not good, Dealers are not Replacing Faulty PSU, Next Time We want a good Support in India too So many are Using Corsair Memory, Usb Drive, PSU The Dealers are nt doing their Job, They simply Tell's us that they will Repair is tat Corsair Support....

As u will Get my Thread i have posted tis prblem smedays ago, We bought the Same Models , Unfortunately One PSU is Working Fine the other one which is My Friend's one which is Faulty...

Sorry 4 Bad ENGLISH....

Hello... all..

I have Corsair 400WCX PSU, which is around 2 weeks old , Today when i was watching movie system turned off suddenly, i thought the PSU was Gone, then turned off the PSU Back Switch and Turned on PSU again , yeah it came back normal what will be the problem plz help me, I was not playing so no high load i was watching movie....

My Sy

Help Me Plz is my PSU is going Dead it's only two weeks old.....

Hello...

Well i"m having CORSAIR CX400W PSU, It's Build Solid Good cooling, 2 weeks old, But when i'm close to PSU Back Grill, Can hear Low Pitch Buzz Sound, It's occuring while on Hardddisk Activities or Under load i think.... Not Going to RMA nw , So many of them having these issues with different PSU Model, What Component actually make that Noise, If Tat why don't u Fix it on Later Revisions of Corsair PSU, i was having Cheap Generic PSU named "ENTER" it doesn't make noise at all, I'm little worried does my PSU Fail Don't knw..

@ Wired i have read the PSU Noise Thread Interesting, This Buzzing sound only Happens any activities from Harddisk or While Playing, it's very low pitch noise hard to Record, It's From PSU 100%, Is it Failing , i think it's best to RMA when it fails... Otherthan that any harms for my PC with that sound, If it's Buzzing what Component is the Culprit!!!

• Corsair Employee
H! Mate... My English is not well tat's the prblm.... Actually Me and My Friend Both Ordered the same Model PSU Corsair 400wcx, My Working fine, other one not working with my System or My Friends system, No display Fans Spins @ Loud, so some problem with one PSU i think u got it... My PSU is working Fine, and about Buzz sound when powercut happens i can hear it when i m close to PSU Grill, UPS makes Buzz Sound at tat time , so PSu too i think it's normal..... Isn't it....

Sounds like one of your units will need to be replaced. Request an RMA

Archived