Corsair Community

TX750W Improper Start

-Z-

Hello,

When I boot my system, I regularly (not every time) get a dark monitor with "no signal" and yellow LED. The only way I have found to work around this is by powering down the system (shutdown and turn off the PSU switch) wait until the motherboard light goes out, turn on the PSU switch and power up using the case button. If I do this too quickly and the light on the motherboard does not go out, he problem persists.

When I boot this way, the lights / fans come on for about a second and then immediately shut off. The system stays off for about 3 seconds and then boots normally. Once it boots in this manner, everything seems to run fine.

I initially thought this problem was tied to the video card, then the motherboard. Both have been through the RMA process with their respective companies and have either been replaced or tested sat. I completed the functionality check on the PSU with a fan and optical drive connected, and the system showed no indication of this "stall" during the boot process.

I haven't done any type of overclocking, and I believe this PSU should be able to more than adequately power my system. The only BIOS adjustments I have made relating to power is to raise the DRAM voltage from 1.8v to 2.1v.

Any ideas, or should I start the RMA process?

Sorry for double post.

• Corsair Employee
Generally a PSU will have consistent problems if it is defective. Meaning that in this case I would suspect that if the problem were with the PSU, the system would always fail to boot. You may want to make sure you have the latest BIOS for your board, load setup defaults in the BIOS, and then reconfigure your settings and see if anything changes. Also, it may be a good idea to run http://www.memtest.org just to make sure that you do not have any memory related issues.

Archived