Corsair Community

Corsair 570X Case - Need Build Advice

Ambush083

Hello all. I've been doing a lot of research and contemplating on what I should do. My case was perfectly fine for what I had..before I decided to upgrade the GPU's. I am swapping out dual ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC cards for dual ASUS RTX 2080 Ti's. These cards are much thicker and there is little room in between cards. That's the first issue.

I have a AX1500i PSU, but it does not fit this case. So when I originally did my build I picked up a AX860i which fit great and was sufficient. Based on what I've seen it seems most people are recommending at least a 1000W PSU. The problem is fitment in the 570X case. I haven't been able to find a 1000W PSU with similar dimensions as the AX860i.

The brings me to a cross roads. Should I change my case out to accommodate a new PSU? This would also present me with opportunity to get a case that has more room. But if what I'm really looking for is more space between the GPU's I'd probably need a new motherboard too. I'm sure you can see where this is going. I really do like this case and would like to keep it if possible. It's really hard to reference other 2080 Ti builds. I've been scouring the internet all night for cases and if anyone used a 570X. I felt like no progress was really made.

I'm just looking for some advice. One thing I'll say is I for sure want to keep both cards as well as in their original condition (no removal of shroud for water cooling, etc). I'm currently waiting for the monitor you see under my system specs. But I also love 4K and will be looking out for this year's 4K / OLED gaming monitors if they ever arrive. So I think I'm a little justified in the card setup I want even though it is causing me my current dilemma at the moment.

I took some measurements and it appears the AX1200i may be suitable for my needs. It is 40mm (1.5 inches) in length longer than the AX860i. This would bring the opening on the back side of the case from 4.5 inches to just 3 inches. My spare AX1500i was too long in length and allow for no space to run cables in and out of the area. Then I started looking at more Power Supplies and saw that the HX1000i suits my needs a little better being just 20mm longer than the AX860i and is a lot cheaper. So I'm going to do more research.

There's really no compelling reason for a 1KW PSU if you don't need it. With with 2 2080 TIs, you may. What's the max power draw at load with your current configuration? Do you have an estimate of max power draw using something like PCPartPicker?

I'm not sure what the max draw of my configuration is. However, as you suggested I just completed my build on PC Part Picker here is the link. Based on this rough estimate it says 679W. That definitely seems a little on the low side give I'm running dual RTX 2080 Ti's. This would be great to know for sure.

I found this article. It lists the following:

• GeForce RTX 2080 - On your average system we recommend a 600 Watt power supply unit.
  • GeForce RTX 2080 Ti - On your average system we recommend a 650 Watt power supply unit
  • SLI - On your average system we recommend to add 275 Watts on the above values. if you plan to tweak/OC, add another 100 Watts.

Archived