Corsair Community

How do I stop the mic from turning on everytime I alt+tab?

Paithan

Title says it all.

I have the OG Void 7.1 wireless. The yellow Best Buy model.

Whenever I alt-tab out from a program attached to a profile to my browser for example, which would send it back to the default profile I assume, the mic turns back on.

It's been rather maddening trying to figure it out. I have turned the mic off on both profiles, and finally after about 20 tries it finally works. Until the next time I load up a game and then it's on/off on/off all over again.

Anyway to just have the mic default to OFF unless I actually turn it on? I use the mic very very rarely.

Edit: Just kidding, it didn't actually stick...it's turns back on everytime I alt-tab...any help would be much appreciated.

• Corsair Employee
Title says it all.

I have the OG Void 7.1 wireless. The yellow Best Buy model.

Whenever I alt-tab out from a program attached to a profile to my browser for example, which would send it back to the default profile I assume, the mic turns back on.

It's been rather maddening trying to figure it out. I have turned the mic off on both profiles, and finally after about 20 tries it finally works. Until the next time I load up a game and then it's on/off on/off all over again.

Anyway to just have the mic default to OFF unless I actually turn it on? I use the mic very very rarely.

Edit: Just kidding, it didn't actually stick...it's turns back on everytime I alt-tab...any help would be much appreciated.

Which version of CUE are you using?

• Corsair Employee
I'd recommend updating to the latest version of CUE as that release you mentioned is very outdated. You can also try the early access version of iCUE as well. If you have any current profiles you would like to continue using, go ahead and export them by clicking the option button next to the profile, and select export. Once you install iCUE, profiles are not backwards compatible, so exporting is always recommended.

• 1 month later...

Hello Nick

Just noticed the reply...thanks!

The auto check for updates doesn't seem to work so I am downloading the newest version of CUE off the website now.

I think I may check out iCUE later too.

Edit: The update seems to have fixed the issue...I think...

Archived