Corsair Community

Voyager GT 3.0 response time

ikerrg

Hello,

Some time ago I purchased a 64GB Corsair Flash Voyager GT USB 3.0. The USB key is very fast in read/write transfers when connected to a USB 3 connector, so no complaints about that. However, the initial response time when accessing it or browsing folders is not very good. It takes some time (about 1 second?) to change from folder to folder in windows explorer and it also takes time to start accessing any file (even the ones that are not scanned by the antivirus). The same happens with the antivirus disabled, and when connected to any USB 3.0 connector. It looks like there is some kind of power management feature inside the device that takes some time to activate when the drive has been idle for a few seconds. Does that make any sense? I am using Windows 7 x64, and I have seen the problem in many different systems, all of them with Intel USB 3.0 controllers updated to the latest Intel drivers.

Many thanks.

Hello Ikerrg,

Have you tried disabling USB Selective Suspend in your power plan options? That could be causing it to be slow to access initially.

Yes, but the problem does not happen always. Sometimes the access is normal, with no delay when browsing folders. I don’t know, I have seen the same type of delays in other brand’s USB 3.0 keys, and in totally different computers. I never noticed the problem in USB 2.0 keys. I just hoped that somebody had experienced that odd behavior too.

Archived