The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 11:04 PM
drnolove's PC Specs

POST ID # = 924972
drnolove Reputation: 10
Default Corsair VOID PRO Wireless won't finish charging

I just purchased the VOID PROs. I Plugged them in to charge straight out of the box as the instructions say. They have been plugged in for over 36 hours. Are they faulty, or is there something I can do?

Old 11-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 925585
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

What type of symptoms are you seeing that makes you feel the headset is not charging?

Old 11-11-2017, 04:32 AM
AndyBlak's PC Specs

POST ID # = 925974
AndyBlak Reputation: 20

Same issue here. Just upgraded from the Void RGB Wireless to Void Pro Wireless. I've been plugged in for 5 hours now, and the charging light is still Amber. I always leave new electronics plugged in out of the box until they are fully charged. But the light is not turning green as expected.

Old 11-11-2017, 09:50 AM

POST ID # = 925993
Cantas Reputation: 10

I think its a LED Bug. My Void Pro Wireless have the same issues. After 3-4h of charging with Phone Charger its full. Start your headset and check it in driver via global settings.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:02 AM

POST ID # = 926134
mikemadi Reputation: 10

I just purchased the headset as well. It never gave me the finished charging LED color (after charging for 3 hours). I used it until it was pretty much dead. Then the next time I charged it, it actually popped up with the LED being green after it was charged all the way.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:12 PM

POST ID # = 926240
DennisM Reputation: 10

Mine seem to be doing something similar, they never charge past 93% according to software. I'd imagine it's a bug in the software and not the headset, unless you just aren't getting a charge whatsoever.

Old 11-17-2017, 03:07 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 926720

Update for those of you encountering this issue. We are looking into what is causing the status to not read properly. The headset should work normally aside from the status light when charging, and last the advertised usage length. A software/firmware update will be released to correct the status light. I don't have an ETA on when this will be released, but once I do I can let you know.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:46 PM

POST ID # = 927911
will2710 Reputation: 10

I've run into the same issue. It's a bit frustrating given that the manual states how important it is to: 1) fully charge before use, 2) promptly remove charging cable once fully charged.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:29 PM

POST ID # = 929029
Zappline Reputation: 10

I got a similar problem. The LED next to the charge port never change from orange to Green when charging and when I remove the charge cable it start blinking green, not the solid green as it should. CUE tells me its 100% charge (then a second later turns to 99% charge) but it still keeps blinking green, never a solid green color.

Now, my headset also keeps doing this rapid *bipbipbip* noise for no apparent reason. I got it turned on with no charger inside and from time to time it just randomly do this *bipbipbip* noise. I have not checked if it does so if any sound is playing but still its a bit annoying and I don't know what its about. At first I though it was the headset warning me it had been idle for 5 minutes and thus would shut itself off, but it never shuts off and it just keeps repeating the noise as stated above. So yeah I have no idea what is going on and I'm really considering returning the headset and getting me a different one.
To bad cause all other Corsair products I've tried have been fine.

Old 12-08-2017, 11:47 AM

POST ID # = 929631
Gopherman Reputation: 10
Angry Just out of the box

Picked up one of these headsets last night.. Charged for 12 hours.. light is still solid amber and is not changing to green as manual stated very clearly and firmly to make sure to charge to green on the first charge.

I will wait a few more hours, than if still amber...back to the store they go!

Not really happy right out of the box something is wrong with them.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 929659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
Update for those of you encountering this issue. We are looking into what is causing the status to not read properly. The headset should work normally aside from the status light when charging, and last the advertised usage length. A software/firmware update will be released to correct the status light. I don't have an ETA on when this will be released, but once I do I can let you know.
@Gopherman - I posted above about this issue being looked into. As long as the headset functions fine other than the charging light, you should be fine until we release the firmware update.

Old 02-04-2018, 08:09 AM

POST ID # = 938983
Spaceman34 Reputation: 10

same problem!

I can't see in CUE battery situation %100.

voice prompts says "charging completed" but ı seen always %91-%93 charge situation.

CUE 2.2.83

Old 02-07-2018, 05:55 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 939503
Corsair James Reputation: 71

The battery indicator isn't completely accurate because there are a few reasons why:

1.) It doesn't have a true battery gauge like you find on a phone because such a component is actually really expensive (and usually reserved for cell phones). As a result, our LED indicator is very generous in how it displays color. Even though you see amber, its still going to last up to the hours we promised. The headset may never actually report 100% to become solid green but anything between 90-ish% means its near full. You can test this yourself by using the headset and timing how long it lasts (with the knowledge that no RGB lighting = more battery life).

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue

Old 02-13-2018, 01:04 PM
Nandiman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 940370
Nandiman Reputation: 10

I just purchased the Void Pro RGB Wireless, and charging it right now. My question is where can I see the percentage? I can only see "Charging" in CUE, no percentages.

NVM, apparently you can't see percentages while charging, only when it's not charging.

Last edited by Nandiman; 02-13-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:35 PM

POST ID # = 955900
Bish777 Reputation: 10

I just grabbed a pair of the Void Pro Wireless and I am a little annoyed that their are no audio cues for even "Battery High, Medium, Low, Charge Soon" Even a super cheap bluetooth headset has that feature. I request that if you can not add it as an estimated audio cue (I don't expect exact numbers but just a general idea of when to charge would be fine), at least you should develop some desktop widget we can have to monitor it as the Utility Engine is a horrible way to track it.