Corsair Community

[Fix] High CPU Usage of iCue 3.3.103!

solarity

A lot of the comments over the last couple of pages have turned a bit snippy. Ultimately this is due to building frustration with the situation Corsair has chosen to place their customers in. But as far as the forum here is concerned, it was/is due to my being extremely vocal on the issue and the beta team trying to defend Corsair in their absence in the thread.

The early parts of the thread are very important in an informative way, and as such, 2 days ago I decided to go through my posts here and delete anything that was of a commentary nature and leave anything that was diagnostic.

Unfortunately, replies to some of that commentary are still here, and apparently generating more commentary. So, I would like to ask my fellow users to please stick to just being helpful and not let the thread devolve into a war of words that will eventually get the thread locked down.

Things to realize before posting:

-Users with Beta Team in their user tag are NOT Corsair employees, but loyal enough that they will defend Corsair feverishly.

-Corsair employees have "Corsair" in their username, but will only appear on the forums to comment on the joke threads or similar. They WILL NOT address their customers issues here or ever admit any mistakes the company may have made.

-If you do not work for Corsair, the frustration vented here is not directed at you. You may be the recipient, but you are not the target. It is impossible to hit a target that never shows up (see point #2).

My point is, let's try to bring the tone down a bit and realize that the people you are communicating with did not cause your frustration, and though they cant technically resolve your frustration, they are trying to make the problem better until Corsair decides your particular problem is important enough to officially address.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the problem too, but none of my devices are on the problematic list, so I'll just drop the info. Its no problem for me tbh, its max 5% with my CPU if one thread is maxxed, so no need to suggest fixes.

K95 Plat

MM800

Scimitar Pro

H115i

It is true that there has been some frustration with this latest release and some people had their feathers ruffled. Corsair had new RAM they wanted to launch and I am guessing they wanted to make sure the software would support it. They most likely made a gamble of having everything done, though they fell slightly short of it, with the introduction of this bug. This is not anything rare with companies that develops software, though they usually can delay a launch. As this was tied into new hardware, I can see why they released it. Computex is a great place to get a lot of "free" marketing to show off their new products. I too found it annoying that this was officially released with the bug, though after a 1000ft vantage point I understand why they did it.

To be honest, I don't think anyone, most likely not even Corsair was to happy about releasing the bug, though it would have been worst for the company to not launch it at a venue like Computex. They also would have been sitting on a lot of RAM, which is a lot of money these days. RAM prices could also drop any day meaning they could take a loss.

I think the frustration with the Beta testers is they give their own time to give feedback on Corsair's products. They also spend a lot of time on these forums to help other people and they do it free with their own time as well. Some of the beta testers worked with me to help me compile and identify the issues and solutions. The thing is they try to help others, though some people choose to use this forum as almost therapy to vent. Some of what these people say don't help and come across as insulting. Nerves get frayed after a while.

To me I like to help others as well, though I do get annoyed at some of the "venting" that goes on as well. Just making a thread that states the problems/facts and leaving out opinions "X product sucks!" is the better method of having things fixed and resolved. Personally, I have looked at many other RGB software out there from other companies and I wasn't satisfied at all. Corsair's iCue is the best thing I have seen or tried. I have spent way to many hours looking at fans, before I decided to go with the Corsair ecosystem. Looking and playing with other tools has given me a real appreciation for iCUE.

Corsair is engaged into it's community, they do listen. Not everyone likes every decision they make, but they are a company here to make money. This issue in particular is not a fundamental flaw with the devices, but a bug that can easily be patched in a short amount of time. I really don't see people ditching their Corsair products on ebay, taking a loss and then having worst problems with other ecosystems. iCue is based on CUE, which is fairly mature and has a strong following.

Lastly, knowing this issue, I went ahead and bought 6x HD-120s and another Lighting Node Pro, to give to my old many for father's day. Even at 68, he is still a kid on the inside.

Isnt there a thread, to gather all bugs arund Icue 3.3.x? Since i not only have a problem with the high cpu load, but also with the brightness of my Harpoon RGB. In the old version you could use several brightnesses. In Icue 3.3.103 its either off or on. No steps in brightness, which worked in the old version.

Isnt there a thread, to gather all bugs arund Icue 3.3.x? Since i not only have a problem with the high cpu load, but also with the brightness of my Harpoon RGB. In the old version you could use several brightnesses. In Icue 3.3.103 its either off or on. No steps in brightness, which worked in the old version.

People generally report their issues in the main forum for iCue. This one for focusing on helping people with a temp fix for the high CPU load. It is recommended to look quickly at the threads and reply to any threads that are similar saying you have the same issue. If you don't see the problem, then create the new thread. We want people to report issues within the related threads, while reducing duplicate clutter.

3.4.95 was released today and it should fix the high CPU usage problem. For reference on an i7-7700K it should be around 1-3% of CPU usage. Might be higher if you have an older CPU, Mostly looking at you peeps still on AM3 and FX chips. If you are still seeing excessive CPU usage please let us know. Edited by Inheritance

3.4.95 was released today and it should fix the hough CPU usage problem. For reference on an i7-7700K it should be around 1-3% of CPU usage. Might be higher if you have an older CPU, Mostly looking at you peeps still on AM3 and FX chips. If you are still seeing excessive CPU usage please let us know.

Agreed. 8700K with fresh update from 2x to 3.4.95 with an H100i V2 (with no XML edits) it is back down to 1.1 - 1.3%. Toggling items in CUE space brings it up to three, but really not any higher. Good Work!!

Good news)

Today i installed this update and CPU load drops from 17% to 0% as it was on previous versions.

But, new version still not available via update button in application. Users have to download it manually from site.

Good news)

Today i installed this update and CPU load drops from 17% to 0% as it was on previous versions.

But, new version still not available via update button in application. Users have to download it manually from site.

Yeah this is true, I had to download it as well.

I downloaded it and tested the via demo mode and I see the CPU is much improved. I do see some ~4% CPU usage when I have demo enabled and I am actively playing with it, disabling demo or having iCue minimized resolve the issue. I don't know if the increased CPU is due to the addition of so many devices, even if they are "demo".

I also updated my original post with the info about the hotfix.

Edited by solarity

Yeah this is true, I had to download it as well.

I downloaded it and tested the via demo mode and I see the CPU is much improved. I do see some ~4% CPU usage when I have demo enabled and I am actively playing with it, disabling demo or having iCue minimized resolve the issue. I don't know if the increased CPU is due to the addition of so many devices, even if they are "demo".

I also updated my original post with the info about the hotfix.

I think this because a "demo" - iCue trying simultaneously playback effects on all demo devices and this causes cpu load. But i guess that real users all the same turn off demo mode and this is not a problem)

Well, this update indeed "fix" the high cpu usage, but every hardware has now a problem besides the new software bugs and weird behavior, like the UI overlapping the taskbar when maximized.

I have to rebuild all my profiles from scratch AGAIN to get my light FX working properly and fix some macros misbehavior.

Let's start from keyboard following the iCUE hardware assortment.

• K95 RGB Platinum started to show some purplish/pinky light in some leds, like the top bar with ordered spaces, as if it were purposely programmed. I'll provide some photos as soon as my smartphone finish to update or my cameras get some charge on batteries.

• Glaive RGB randomly stops to be recognized by iCUE. Just vanishes but the functions continues to work, like macros and light effects but with stuttering or blinking behavior. Had to restart the iCUE proccess several times do get it being recognized again. At random times, DPI switch changes more than one state with one click, what don't happen in 3.2.87. At random times I notice the surface calibration is reseted and cursor movement get's "lazy" and "sticky", which seems to be connected with app or system restart.

• Void Surround changes the eq profile to "pure direct" independent of the eq profile selected or the priority order of them on the list, only being on other eq profile if I remove the others and let only the desired on list. Sometimes it changes the eq profile while in mid-game, waiting concentrated and focused on the sounds of my enemy foot steps and suddenly the audio goes crazy and low.

• ST100 RGB has the same behavior problem as the headset, but the changes in eq profile are in different times. After the first update/upgrade to 3.4.95 the colors became to a bluish intonation, with blurry color like if there is some layers of plastic film on it. This was noted by my subscribers when I was live and they started the flood the chat my ST100 was dying because the lights was decreasing the bright and turned out, which reconnecting the USB fixed but the colors never was the same. I tried rolling back to older iCUE versions, tried on another PC and tried to restore the previous firmware but the colors are still weird.

• MM800 RGB Polaris sometimes started the light FX the wrong way it's supposed to be, like in rainbow link clockwise, it actually is in anticlockwise but everything is in clockwise. At random launches, the app notifies me about an firmware update but there is none when checked.

• H115i is the worse to me. They removed almost all features that I usually use to monitor this extremely import component of my computer build. Now I can't set notifications anymore because the notification tab was removed and can't set a warning color to a little high temp and set the coolers to 100% when triggered by a even higher temp. I configured my notifications to stay white until the coolant temp reaches 40ºC, when they changes to orange and going on to red on 60ºC with max coolers speed and after shutting down my system with 75ºC. Now it only has a light FX to warn about one single temp. They also removed the graphs tab which is the more important and accurate than the panel ones. In panel, even with bigger size they are incredible tiny and I can't see anything in the graphs. Another bizarre behavior is that I'm not able to set the pump to the balanced profile anymore. It's only possible to select quiet or extreme. Instead of improve and let us set a custom speed, they just drops the possibility to barely set a average speed.

Edit: I think I should clarify that when I said "panel" I meant "dashboard" with the kind of widgets. Sorry for this.

• And finally the Vengeance RGB RAM modules. It starts with light off on some modules and/or stuck in red light. Sometimes it's stucked in red light but it's trying to change to another color, but the process restarts to red light as soon as they started to change the color. I have to disable the lights and enable it again to fix this behavior and/or turn the lights on in the modules that was the lights turned off. Some times the sync between the modules is lost and they start to change colors in async mode. It's not the same behavior when in conflict with AuraSync by Asus, it's a different one.

There are some minor unwanted behavior in light FX when mixing they together to get some nice FX and changes in triggers to get the things working together with macros. Also some profiles have changed from hardware to software mode when upgrading to the new version and all the icons were swapped to the iCUE default icon.

But nothing triggering my anger and rage further than have to delete more of a three dozen "default" profiles one by one and confirming the action every single time I did it and what probably was created every time I installed or rolled back to other versions. Weird...

Thank you that read all this essay I wrote. :toomuchin :owned:

Obs: I am sure that has some wrong spelling here. Be nice with my english, I'm Brazillian :laughcry:

Edited by KnightArch

Several new things found:

- All graphs are gone on the left bar. Or are we suppose to use Dashboard only now to see the graphs? Dashboard cant show minutes, hours, days, weeks. The graphs did.

2BVhJcbl.png

TEuWlGal.png

QdBAlEIl.png

- Overlapping here aswell. Start Bar isnt visible.

0MdkKSUl.png

- Sometimes all lights are stuttering(short flash) each 5 a 10min (problems with Threads to CPU?)

- RGB Brightness Harpoon still on or off. No several brightnesses like in Cue 2.x

- Alot of options are removed in ICue. I dunno what, but it feels empty(ah ye notifications and more things i dont know yet).

- My biggest problem is that i can't control my 6x 120LL fans on my Commander Pro anymore, which controls the airflow in my case. It doesnt get monitored now. This need to be Fixed with PRIO!

Does anyone have a download link to Icue 3.3.103? IF needed i will go back to this version. Bad airflow and no fan control/monitoring on my Commander Pro can overheat my components.

Edited by Oxize

For the missing tabs, this can be resolved by exiting iCue and then restarting it. Corsair is aware of the issue and it is being worked.

Oh cool thanks! I have my fan control back on my Commander Pro. Great workaround.

And another thing found.

- When in custom size, Icue isnt really dynamic ;)

HwTvAQul.png

Edited by Oxize

Interesting, I've never had it not work. You exited iCue by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray, yes? Just closing the window by clicking the X on the upper right doesn't do it.

After all this sheet of paper we went through here it's quite offensive read this...

After all this sheet of paper we went through here it's quite offensive read this...

How is this offensive? I'm asking if you made a common mistake - one that I've made several times. Because I've never seen the exit-and-restart not work - and I've been using 3.4.95 for more than a day.

So if making a suggestion that you may have made a common error is offensive, then I can't help you.

How is this offensive? I'm asking if you made a common mistake - one that I've made several times. Because I've never seen the exit-and-restart not work - and I've been using 3.4.95 for more than a day.

So if making a suggestion that you may have made a common error is offensive, then I can't help you.

I think he is being sarcastic, which can be very difficult to convey via the internet.

Today this morning when i left for work. My PC was still sleeping (sleep profile) idling in windows, and when i got back from work, i saw 3 of the 4 RGB rams lights were on. When i checked Icue, the profile was still on Sleep (means all lights off, but pc on).

IZWxZgbh.jpg

So something forced my lights to put on when i was away. KnightArch was somewhat experiencing the same issue's with lights going off or not working good.

Today this morning when i left for work. My PC was still sleeping (sleep profile) idling in windows, and when i got back from work, i saw 3 of the 4 RGB rams lights were on. When i checked Icue, the profile was still on Sleep (means all lights off, but pc on).

So something forced my lights to put on when i was away. KnightArch was somewhat experiencing the same issue's with lights going off or not working good.

Did you manually set a profile with no lighting or did you somehow bind the profile to windows sleep exe? Its really weird that only 3/4 sticks turned on.

You broke the cardinal rule. It's never the user its always you DevBiker... :p:

Y U Bork Stuffz!

Edited by Inheritance

The instant lighting option at the top will turn everything off except wireless devices. It turns off the RAM lighting with 3.4 so try that.

But yea your RAM should not be lighting its self especially when it was off during standby. Ill have to ask Corsair for some more info.

Edit: So its normal for the RAM to light up if power is still being supplied to it in standby mode

Edited by Inheritance

Hello. First thing sorry for my language.

I've recently bought corsair commander pro.

I've installed Link, it couldn’t see my fans so i tried to update

CP to last firmware version but it freeze at 0%.

After canceling installation Link couldn’t see CP.

Reinstalling link allowed me to force update CP (installation went to 100%

and then stopped at detecting device, i had to cancel)

Link still couldn’t see CP so i installed icue.

icue let me to manage my fans but...

Here is my real problem icue and link are creating 10-20% load (jumping all over all cores) on cpu.

I've read in this thread that newest version of software got rid of this problem,

but not in my case...

I have to delete icue in order load to drop because even if it's closed my cpu is

on load, after deleting load drops to normal (0-1%)

I have commander pro and rapidfire k70 from corsair.

If someone could help me i would be grateful