Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2018, 07:04 AM

POST ID # = 961162
FreeZate Reputation: 10

Please finally fix this!

Old 07-03-2018, 10:59 PM

POST ID # = 962033
steVENOM Reputation: 10

For real though! this is ridiculous, I just poured just over $500 into the lighting node kit, vengeance 16gb pro, the 460x and the k70 MK 2 and now my lights are flickering because they don't feel like patching this icue bug?

Old 08-04-2018, 07:42 AM
Qaliber's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967031
Qaliber Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyRappit View Post
I found a solution!
Problem is the Corsair service is interfering with the Corsair Software somehow.

Fix:
- Close iCue
- type Services in the search bar, press Enter.
- Search for CorsairService, right click it, choose Properties
- Press Stop, and in the Startup type drop-down menu, choose Manual
- Click Apply
- Reopen iCue
Thank you for this. After 5 minutes of flickering on my LL120 kit, i was starting to lose touch with reality. Took your suggestion, it worked and after rebooting, it still works :) Installed them last night along with a new PSU, so got worried when they started acting like strobe lights

Old 08-05-2018, 08:03 PM
simon123's PC Specs

POST ID # = 967236
simon123 Reputation: 10

Exactly the same. I have bought 12 corsair LL140. I use them with corsair node pro. The lights flickering sometimes, it is very annoying. I cannot manage to identify the issue. I think it is any kind of bug in any software. When I plugged two corsair nodes pro, corsair link was unnable to detect both of them. I paid very times the regular price for this product kit, I was very disappointed. I'm using Windows 7. The problem occurs in the 4th, 5th and 6th fans of the hub 1. The 1st, 2st and third ones are OK. In the hub 2, the problem is less frequently (only 4 fans). Sorry for my english. I'm using now one corsair node pro, 2 light HUBs, the first with 6 fans and the second with 4 fans. Corsair node pro is connected in a USB HUB. The problem occurs with the icue installed or only with corsair link installed.

Last edited by simon123; 08-05-2018 at 08:44 PM.

Old 09-08-2018, 12:14 AM

POST ID # = 971880
Mixxmaster Reputation: 10

I have the same issues with the flickering as the others have stated. I have one node pro connected to two RGB lighting hubs in my system. One hub powering 6 LL fans, the other only two LL fans. I tried legacy software thinking that this was the issue. In my case, it was NOT - still same flickering. Luckily since I have two of all the node hardware, I started swapping out parts trying each and every combination possible for about 4 hours. It turns out that I have a faulty RGB lighting hub. Six fans would flicker on one of them while when only two fans were plugged in it would not. Since I have one good lighting hub and one suspect, the good one WOULD light all 6 fans no issues. I took the suspect lighting hub hooked up only two fans and it works, only when i connect all 6 it would have the flicker issue. I think the power draw from all 6 fans lit causes the flicker. I opened up the suspected RGB lighting hub and did continuity checks an everything, could not find an issue there. I did notice that there is one capacitor in there (16v, 47uf). I think this cap is bad causing the flicker issue possibly why it can not handle all 6 fans starving for power. I have some caps on order since they were cheap. When they come in I will post back and tell you if this fixed the problem. Hang in there...

Old 09-12-2018, 03:29 PM

POST ID # = 972465
ThePaci87 Reputation: 10

Hello everyone

At first my 2 LL fans were working as they should. Full rainbow mode when my computer booted and then they changed to my personal settings when iCue loaded on startup.

Then, I started messing with their RPM in the BIOS (I like my PC silent when idle). I also decreased my CPU fan (Kraken x41 watercooler) speed which is connected to the only other USB2 header on my motherboard.

Now I'm pretty sure these things should not interfere with each other but they did. Now my fans only did the default rainbow thing and they started flickering like lights in a club. Rebooting doesn't help and changing my iCue settings does nothing.

Went back into my BIOS, increased RPM on both LL fans and also on my CPU fan. And voila: the fans stopped flickering and loaded my personal settings from iCue again.

I've got no clue why this happens but it does.. I'm just posting this for everyone who's having flickering LL fans. Try increasing your RPM; see what it does.

Hope this helps someone..

*edit:
Fans started flickering again after a reboot and Windows was waiting for my login. Rebooted, logged on after a couple of seconds, no problem, fans okay again. It's all so random..
*edit2:
Fans only flicker after a cold boot. When I reboot they're fine.

Last edited by ThePaci87; 09-13-2018 at 11:48 AM.