Corsair Community

iCUE - MoBo Full compatible

AdroG23

Hi guys

So, here's the deal.

Right now i have an ASUS Prime x370 Pro.

As everyone knows, the BIOS and new AGESA fck up with iCUE and you can't use it as you should. For me it's "Forget about controlling your RAM rgb".

I was about to buy either the H100 Pro or H100 Platinum, but decided to put that on hold until i figure out how to solve this.

I was trying to talk through the live chat in CORSAIR but, oh surprise, It's not available...

So i ask you good people:

Which AMD MoBo is working RIGHT NOW at full capability with that goddamn iCUE?

Brands i would rather prefer are GIGABYTE, EVGA, ASROCK. Not neccesarely in that order. (I'm leaving ASUS out for obvious reasons).

Please guys need a hand here, if there is no full compatible one then maybe i sell the Vengeance pro and get some Tridentz and move to nzxt, coolermaster or evga for the cooler. But since my original idea was to make a "Full Corsair" rig i would rather solve this the "good" way.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys

So, here's the deal.

Right now i have an ASUS Prime x370 Pro.

As everyone knows, the BIOS and new AGESA fck up with iCUE and you can't use it as you should. For me it's "Forget about controlling your RAM rgb".

I was about to buy either the H100 Pro or H100 Platinum, but decided to put that on hold until i figure out how to solve this.

I was trying to talk through the live chat in CORSAIR but, oh surprise, It's not available...

So i ask you good people:

Which AMD MoBo is working RIGHT NOW at full capability with that goddamn iCUE?

Brands i would rather prefer are GIGABYTE, EVGA, ASROCK. Not neccesarely in that order. (I'm leaving ASUS out for obvious reasons).

Please guys need a hand here, if there is no full compatible one then maybe i sell the Vengeance pro and get some Tridentz and move to nzxt, coolermaster or evga for the cooler. But since my original idea was to make a "Full Corsair" rig i would rather solve this the "good" way.

Thanks in advance!

You can always downgrade the BIOS. And as for Gigabyte and MSI if you install their software it will take control over the ram and can also cause a crash :/. ASRock is probably the most stable since it doesn't have that much RGB but i turn off my motherboard RGB anyway. I only use the Corsair software right now.

You can always downgrade the BIOS. And as for Gigabyte and MSI if you install their software it will take control over the ram and can also cause a crash :/. ASRock is probably the most stable since it doesn't have that much RGB but i turn off my motherboard RGB anyway. I only use the Corsair software right now.

I thought about downgrading. But previous bios caused system crashes with iCUE.

I didn't try the inmediate previous one (4204 i guess)but it's riddiculous that i can't have my system upgraded with the latest just 'cause this software doesn't want to play nice. For me is first the sys then the bling

I thought about downgrading. But previous bios caused system crashes with iCUE.

I didn't try the inmediate previous one (4204 i guess)but it's riddiculous that i can't have my system upgraded with the latest just 'cause this software doesn't want to play nice. For me is first the sys then the bling

looking at gigabyte and msi it seems like their latest agesa update actually fixed a lot of issues and made the system more stable overall. but asus seems to have broken one thing in the process which is the ram (and probably something else too) :/. And one of the reasons i don't wan't to leave from my asus board is kind of the software. asus aura is much better then mystic light and rgb fusion. i could not get either of those to even work properly...

comparing aura to icue though is a completely different league.

they all have a public sdk but only asus' one works as far as i know and nobody from the discord could get msi or gigabyte to work. everything is a mess right now and i hope it changes soon.

hope i didn't cause any confusion here ^^

looking at gigabyte and msi it seems like their latest agesa update actually fixed a lot of issues and made the system more stable overall. but asus seems to have broken one thing in the process which is the ram (and probably something else too) :/. And one of the reasons i don't wan't to leave from my asus board is kind of the software. asus aura is much better then mystic light and rgb fusion. i could not get either of those to even work properly...

comparing aura to icue though is a completely different league.

they all have a public sdk but only asus' one works as far as i know and nobody from the discord could get msi or gigabyte to work. everything is a mess right now and i hope it changes soon.

hope i didn't cause any confusion here ^^

Thanks for the info!

No confusion, i got it.

Actually, Aura was the reason why i chose the Prime x370 too...

But being honest... the capabilities of a non addressable MoBo are almost inexistent compared to iCUE or NZXT's HUE...

So, actually, since i could never make the MoBo do something even remotely similar to what the fans and ram were doing, i turned off the prime's rgb.

The GPU is frozen in a permanent Whitish that matches the 570x logos and that's that.

I'm seriously considering an ASRock x470 TAICHI or maybe wait for "570" and see what it comes with...

But if there is no way to fix this and neither ASUS nor Corsair do anything and the Zen 2 isn't all the marvelous that it's supposed to be... i will have to drop either the MoBo or the rgb... and i really like my x370 (and thermaltake's Riing trio don't look that bad either...)

Archived