Corsair Community

Corsair RGB Fan Led Hub with third party fans?

einmannbude

Hey there,

I recently got into RGB. I have 3 120mm spots for RGB fans in my case - one for the CPU and two for the GPU. I really like the design of the Enermax RGB fans and want to use those. But I also like the Corsair iCUE Software, which I think is ahead of every other competitor. Now the question is, can I use the Enermax fans and control them via the iCUE software? Can I plug the fans into a Corsair RGB Fan Led Hub, plug the fan hub into the Corsair Lightning Node Pro and plug this into USB port?

Those Enermax fans are not the ones you can buy separate. They are usually part of their Liqfusion AIO, but I got them as spare parts. They have standard 4-Pin PWM for the fan itself and a second cable for LEDs, also 4-Pin with pinout: +5V/D/-/G

What will happen, if I plug them into the Corsair fan hub? If I am correct, the Corsair fans don't leave a pin out.

I doubt it'll work out of the box.

First, do the pins even fit? Corsair uses a different connector.

Second, the fans have 4 wires and all of them are used.

1=> +5V

2=> Data Out

3=> Data In

4=> Ground

The fans are daisy chained ... each one gets the RGB signal, takes what it wants and passes it down the chain. The Data Out signal then becomes the Data In signal for the next fan. What you are describing won't do that.

Now ... with crimpers, cables and connectors, it may be possible to hack it but all fans would be identical and, of course, you'd be on your own with any issues that come up.

I see. Thanks for explaining how the data out flow is used. Now it makes sense, that you have to use the ports of the hub in order. So, the Corsair fan hub will not be usable.

There is another fan hub, that spreads a 3 pin RGB input into 8x 4 pin RGB output, where one of the pins is empty.

http://www.xs-pc.com/fans-radiator-accessories/8-way-3pin-5v-addressable-rgb-splitter-hub-sata-powered-black

Wouldn‘t this be perfect to connect to the Corsair lighting node pro, which has 3 pin RGB output?

Archived