Corsair Community

K70 scroll-lock flashing issue

Dims

7.) Why does my scroll lock button flash when I enable BIOS mode?

The scroll lock, caps lock, and num lock will all flash to signal you have set the keyboard to BIOS mode. The notification is in case BIOS mode was selected on accident.

The quote is from FAQ: Vengeance Keyboard K70/K95 sticky post.

MY K70 scroll-lock key started flashing for no reason, its still set to 1 from the factory. I unplugged the keyboard from my computer to see if that would fix it but it didn't. The windows key lock button doesn't work now and scroll-Lock is still flashing.

Should i try moving the switch while in windows to see if that fixes it?

I was able to fix it by mess with the switch.

• System off, moved switch to bios setting
  • Powered system up and shut it back down
  • move switch to slot 1, no more flashing scroll-lock and windows key lock works

If i have to do this everyone once in awhile i can live with it.

• 1 month later...

I received my K70 on June 26th and now my W key LED is no longer works. I'm disappointed in this product. My first Corsair K70 had issues (first one died within 2days).

Time to submit a ticket and see if i have to pay return shipping for RMA and if they do cross-shipping.

• Corsair Employee
I received my K70 on June 26th and now my W key LED is no longer works. I'm disappointed in this product. My first Corsair K70 had issues (first one died within 2days).

Time to submit a ticket and see if i have to pay return shipping for RMA and if they do cross-shipping.

You don't have to pay for shipping on a second replacement. Let me know your case number.

You don't have to pay for shipping on a second replacement. Let me know your case number.

I will submit a RMA next week. I was going to use live chat and ask some questions about RMA process but they closed at 4:30pm CST. :sigh!:

I submitted my RMA on Monday (Express Replacement), no email with UPS tracking. I sent RamGuy my ticket #.

*update*

Just called support. The K70 will be back in-stock on Friday Aug 23rd. I should receive my replacement next Wednesday or Thursday.

Hey guys! I' m new here, just registered to chip in on this subject.

Got my K70 yesterday. When I booted up my PC this morning I experienced the same problem as the OP. Bios switch was set on 1, havent touched that out of the box, but the scroll lock LED was flashing and the Windows key disabler didnt work. So it looked like it was in BIOS mode while the switch was on 1.

Solved this problem by switching to the BIOS mode and back to 1, but this shouldnt be happening right? It will get kinda annoying if I have to do this every day, is this a known issue and maybe solvable by a firmware update? Thanks in advance for the reply!

(I'd like to add that so far I'm seriously happy with this keyboard, it's amazing and typing/gaming on this is a delight!)

• 4 months later...
I have the same keyboard for my new system and I love it to bits. Simply swapping from 1 to 2 and back stopped it cause it was annoying me whilst watching youtube. Has there been an update for this yet? I really want to know. I love this keyboard but it would be good if you guys have fixed it. I really dont want to turn my pc on tomorrow and have to flick the switch again. It will get real annoying real fast if everything connected to my comp I have to do something with before I start using it after I turn it on.

• 1 year later...

Hey

I have had a problem since i have got the k70. It just switches off while playing and in a few seconds it just switches back on. That doesent bother that much but now (about 7 months after the purchase) my keyboard and the scroll lock just started flashing really fast and i couldnt do anything. I immediatly searched how to fix the problem and i found this forum. I tried to fix it by switching my cOmputer off and then switching in to bios. Powered the computer up again and switching it off again. Moved the switchs to 1 then powering it up and it was still flashing and the cumputer froze. Help would be much appriciated and i apologize for the bad english for it is not my main language

Archived