Corsair Community

H105 feels loose?

ElderScrolls

This is my first foray into liquid cooling. Reading the instructions I did not need the backboard, so I installed the four mounting screws, then put the pump over them and tightened with the thumb screws.

After doing so, I prodded gently just to test the fit. I noticed the pump could move a teeny-tiny bit left and right. Just a very, very small amount - but it is moving.

Now, I'm not sure if this is just the upper part of the pump (its the top that looks kind of like a radiator cap, where the changeable color circle goes) that is moving, or if the entire thing down to the CPU it moving when I can wiggle that top part a little. I could see it being either way, really.

If I took it off, I suppose I could test if the two parts move independently, but I'd rather not remove it if its on there good at this point. My concern is that its not sitting tight on the cpu, and there's no real way for me to check visually.

Can any other owners give me some insight on if a little, itty bitty wiggle on the top part is normal?

Thanks! Just extra cautious with the new build

Waterpump backplates are always lose, but they get tightened, once they're installed. You still have it loose even when fully installed and fully attached?

In general, it can't be loose in any case, when installed on CPU. There's something wrong.

Archived