Corsair Community

Fixing the bugs?

jvillaveces

I am in the same situation as many other users here: Corsair case, Corsair memory, Corsair AIO cooler, Corsair PSU, Corsair fans. As far as I can tell, all of this Corsair hardware works flawlessly. Link, on the other hand, is a disaster, and from all the discussion in this forum, Corsair is well aware of it.

I am no software engineer, so I have no idea of the nature of the problems. As a user, I don't need to know, either, or even want to. I would like to know, however, and I believe I have the right to know, if and when Corsair plans to fix the problems with the software side of my products.

Is it possible that Dustin or someone else from the company can keep us informed about plans and timetables for these fixes? If for technical or business reasons there are going to be delays, or some pieces of functionality abandoned, can we get some official information? It would be nice to know where I stand as a customer/user without having to try and deduce it from the chatter on the boards.

The sticky threads are notoriously devoid of information. Or can you point me to the posting that informs us when the next version will be out and what we can expect from it? Alternatively, can you direct me to a list of bugs and known issues with information on what we can expect about them?

The sticky threads are notoriously devoid of information. Or can you point me to the posting that informs us when the next version will be out and what we can expect from it? Alternatively, can you direct me to a list of bugs and known issues with information on what we can expect about them?

+1 ! (10 characters)

The thread you linked is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. No information, just defensiveness and evasion. OTOH this argument is pretty pointless: if Corsair likes my suggestion they will move in that direction, if they don't, well, they won't. Either way, I'm done with the discussion, as I'm sure that both Corsair reps and customers have better things to do than put up with a pointless p***ng contest.

• Corsair Employee

I try as best I can to give you guys information when I can, as needed. Sometimes development just takes longer than any of us would like. Every time we get a new build of CL in for testing, it has to be validated. If the bugs it was ostensibly supposed to fix aren't fixed, or if new and exciting bugs have materialized, we have to send it back and get a new build, then that has to get validated. This is basically what happened with 3.1, and even then it came out with new and exciting problems.

Some of the bugs are trickier to track down the source of than others. We think we have a fix for the jumping temperatures since they seem to be isolated to non-American users (if I'm wrong, *please* say so), but the culprit for the H80i/H100i detection issue has proven extremely elusive.

Thank you for the candid reply. I have worked in technology services all of my life, so I know where you are coming from.

There is no such thing as a perfect system: they all have bugs, or functionality deficits, or both. As a service provider, I always found the best way to deal with this reality was very close communications with users/customers. As a user, I can tell you it would make my experience a lot less stressful if you guys had more and better communication flowing in this direction.

This is basically what happened with 3.1, and even then it came out with new and exciting problems.

Sorry but I think this is a complete mischaracterisation of the bugs present in Link 3.1. The bugs in the latest version are anything but "new and exciting". Most of the bugs in 3.1 have been present in every version since release. There's a big difference between bugs introduced with a new software version and bugs that have gone unfixed for multiple iterations. The same bugs making it into version after version of Link suggests its developers are unable to fix the software, not so much that testing is inadequate after new features are implemented (although Corsairs seems to struggle with both).

Sorry but I think this is a complete mischaracterisation of the bugs present in Link 3.1. The bugs in the latest version are anything but "new and exciting". Most of the bugs in 3.1 have been present in every version since release. There's a big difference between bugs introduced with a new software version and bugs that have gone unfixed for multiple iterations. The same bugs making it into version after version of Link suggests its developers are unable to fix the software, not so much that testing is inadequate after new features are implemented (although Corsairs seems to struggle with both).

Quite. New and exciting? Crikey.

Nothing new and exciting about splashing out on your company's hardware and then finding Corsair Link, which is meant to bring it all together in a nice elegant package, is somewhat unreliable.

I believe I come here with a fresh perspective. I built my first PC a month or so ago, and I'm now building my second. A lot of my research pointed me in the direction of Corsair and the quality of the hardware seems first-rate.

However, I have had enormous problems with CUE to the extent I have simply now turned it off and my K70 RGB just sits with default colours. A shame, as it's a really nice piece of hardware but I am investigating alternatives as I'm not willing to wait for "8-10 weeks" while you guys pull your fingers out.

I've also had problems with Corsair Link not re-appying settings to the hardware reliably after the computer wakes from sleep. So I have to choose between reliably using Corsair Link and letting my computer sleep. Really? I'd quite like my computer to sleep when I'm not using it, thank you very much. I also had to uinstall it and reinstall CL to get it to recognise my power supply after I had changed it from an HXi model to an AXi. Pretty fundamental stuff.

So my fresh perspective has very quickly - within a couple of months - noticed that your hardware is very good but your software is crap.

• Corsair Employee

So it's my understanding the version of CUE we just rolled out is a major improvement, so that's worth checking out if you haven't already. If you have and it's still problematic, post in that forum and we'll investigate.

As for Corsair Link...I desperately wish I could tell you why the old bugs are proving to be so hard to squelch. There's a good reason for it, and that reason is a source of near infinite aggravation internally, but you'd have to take my word.

As for Corsair Link...I desperately wish I could tell you why the old bugs are proving to be so hard to squelch. There's a good reason for it, and that reason is a source of near infinite aggravation internally, but you'd have to take my word.

I think its due to each and every build is unique and installed components have a bearing on Links functionality.

Even devices such as a flash drive can affect the way Link behaves.

I remember back in Aug 2012 I had the first link in all my builds,the builds were very much alike but each had its own set of issues.I went to an external rear port and it fixed issues in 3 but 1 was still problematic...This was on my media server which was on 24/7 and needed to be dependable.I had 2 rocket raid 4 port usb connections with one port unused and Link fared quite well with this even to this day.

I mentioned the rear usb idea to the forum and again some had success while some did not.

I add it all up to the Link needing a constant proprietary connection constantly and once interrupted,the program glitches.

I guess Link is like most kids--they don't want to share...:D:

I think its due to each and every build is unique and installed components have a bearing on Links functionality.

Even devices such as a flash drive can affect the way Link behaves.

Well actually this is what I read all around here but after all:

Why does for example SIV work like a charme with corsair link devices (in my case commander mini)?

It has to deal with thousands of configurations too... and works. :roll:

Well actually this is what I read all around here but after all:

Why does for example SIV work like a charme with corsair link devices (in my case commander mini)?

It has to deal with thousands of configurations too... and works. :roll:

Theres no way to address your question without bringing up a very heated debate but I will say that the comparison is akin to owning a consumer type and a luxury type model car

they both drive,transport,cost to maintain and both have their faults ect....

but which would the majority prefer?

Theres no way to address your question without bringing up a very heated debate but I will say that the comparison is akin to owning a consumer type and a luxury type model car

Excuse my harshness but the luxury car actually doesn't even drive for me - the customer type does. I would of course choose your luxury car, if It does drive.

Describing CL as "luxury type model" may be your opinion, I suspect many would choose terms from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decrepit_car!

Describing CL as "luxury type model" may be your opinion, I suspect many would choose terms from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decrepit_car!

We all have our own unique opinions

some alike,some different,some self-serving

but Im a tad curious tho

how did you arrive on the assumption that I was referring to the Link as a luxury model?,Is this what you think I think or what you think you know?...;):

I too suspect that perhaps this warrants thought?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedant

how did you arrive on the assumption that I was referring to the Link as a luxury model?,Is this what you think I think or what you think you know?...;):

This was based on Ian_Ann assuming the same and it being technically incorrect like so many other statements!

Archived