Corsair Community

Suggestion - Make Profiles Inherit Settings

Hello guys,

I recently purchased a K70 RGB Lux and M65 Pro RGB and have a suggestion.

Would it be possible for you to implement inheritance in profile settings in CUE? How it works in my mind, on profile (performance?) page somewhere a select option of "Inherit settings from profile" and a dropdown of all the other profiles.

Currently I'm running 2 profiles, and they are toggleable with the Menu key on the keyboard. What I noticed is that, if I want to change lighting or remap certain keys, I have to do in on both of the profiles, so it would be pretty cool to have an option to inherit settings that could be overriden, obviously.

Hello guys,

Would it be possible for you to implement inheritance in profile settings in CUE? How it works in my mind, on profile (performance?) page somewhere a select option of "Inherit settings from profile" and a dropdown of all the other profiles.

Currently I'm running 2 profiles, and they are toggleable with the Menu key on the keyboard. What I noticed is that, if I want to change lighting or remap certain keys, I have to do in on both of the profiles, so it would be pretty cool to have an option to inherit settings that could be overriden, obviously.

You can have complete inheritance by copying one profile into another.

You can implement partial inheritance by copy an action or lighting library from one profile and then in the other profile you can copy things from your libraries.

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, I know about copy profile option. What I mean is, once I copy a profile, and make a certain change to say, an action, in the original (source) profile, I'd like that change to carry to the new profile too, except when said button has already been assigned in the new profile.

Yeah, I know about copy profile option. What I mean is, once I copy a profile, and make a certain change to say, an action, in the original (source) profile, I'd like that change to carry to the new profile too, except when said button has already been assigned in the new profile.

This is a nice wish list feature, especially if you have hundreds of things going on, but I don't think it is real high on the list as most folks have somewhat diverse profiles and only may want one or two aspects to cross over between profiles. As mentioned above what you can do is copy to actions list or to lighting list and then re-import. I find myself doing that frequently and using the search feature as I gradually improve actions.

I get what you are saying though because for example, my Scimitar I may want to have one button do the same thing in all but one profile and if I adjust that thing slightly, simply updating the action does not propagate to all the profiles, so it is a pain to have to go back in to each profile, select the mouse, select actions, select the library, re import, reassign, remove the old assignment to clean up - its a lot of steps.

• 3 months later...
You can have complete inheritance by copying one profile into another.

You can implement partial inheritance by copy an action or lighting library from one profile and then in the other profile you can copy things from your libraries.

I want to copy my action to a hw1 i can do that or no?

Archived