Corsair Community

G keys won't run bat files anymore

Xnitro67

I used to be able to run cmd bat files with my g keys but some reason lately I haven't been able to except exe files. I use it for my nircmd audio changer it helps change default audio but not since the g keys won't run them but I can select them in the browse for programs area.

Latest version of cue2 the bat files still work haven't tried run as admin

edit: v2.20.72. i also tried to open command prompt (cmd.exe) and it wouldnt open

edit2: so ive been tsalking to tech support and so far they cant figure it outwe tried IObit cleaner, soft reset, etc. im starting to think its windows related maybe.

Edited by Xnitro67

• 2 years later...

Txs Mikuni ! Well, I finally not using "start cmd" as per your advice, but thanks to you I understand what I can do.

> I've just put Nircmd in %windir% (guess you can put in in all folders set up in System variables), than my batchs work :)

(One of my batch, just in case, one line :

nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "Speakers" 1)

• 4 weeks later...
Txs Mikuni ! Well, I finally not using "start cmd" as per your advice, but thanks to you I understand what I can do.

> I've just put Nircmd in %windir% (guess you can put in in all folders set up in System variables), than my batchs work :)

(One of my batch, just in case, one line :

nircmd setdefaultsounddevice "Speakers" 1)

Can you please explain in more detail how you got your batch file to work?

I'm trying to run a batch file with a taskkill command from a G key but it doesn't work (it works with .exe files).

Do I need to put the batch file in %windir% ?

For anyone who wants a solution to this problem, I found one on https://superuser.com/questions/868340/how-can-i-convert-a-windows-batch-script-to-a-exe.

This solution involves creating an .exe wrapper for the script, so you can select that in iCUE instead of a .bat file.

Below is a quote of the steps you need to follow in order to create the .exe wrapper;

In your C:\Windows\System32\ folder, there is a file called iexpress.exe.

• Right-click it an Run as administrator.
  • Create a new SED and select "Extract files and run an installation command."
  • Add the script you want, and make sure that on the next screen, you set the install program to cmd /c [your_script.bat] where [your_script.bat] is the script file you want to execute. If you don't do this, windows will try to use Command.com (the old version of Command Prompt) which hasn't been in use for quite a while.
  • Select preferences (you might need to select "Store files using Long File Name inside Package), set an output path (to the .exe file you want to create), and select "No restart".
  • Click next and you should have your .exe!