Corsair Community

Dell 4700

tomyg

I'm not a big computer wiz but I have come across to two corsair CMX256A-3200C2 cards. As weak as they are I am in need of the extra ram. Ive got 2 slots for them but I'm not sure if it will work. The compatability search did not show these cards but im wondering if thats just the best choice of cards and if these cards will work. They are DDR cards can those mix with DDR2? Is it ok to try these cards, and if so do I just slip them in or do I have to register them somehow? Any info would help thanks.

I'm not a big computer wiz but I have come across to two corsair CMX256A-3200C2 cards. As weak as they are I am in need of the extra ram. Ive got 2 slots for them but I'm not sure if it will work. The compatability search did not show these cards but im wondering if thats just the best choice of cards and if these cards will work. They are DDR cards can those mix with DDR2? Is it ok to try these cards, and if so do I just slip them in or do I have to register them somehow? Any info would help thanks.

Unfortunately, DDR1 and DDR2 are not compatible at all with each other. You cannot use a DDR1 module on a motherboard designed for DDR2 modules -- they simply will not fit at all, even physically. DDR1 modules have only 184 pins, while DDR2 modules have 240 pins.

Archived