Corsair Community

Received my 500D SE Case but...

Alcasczar

I am a little worried about something, the case arrived in just a day cause I selected express shipping, I figured it would go Fedex instead of standard ground UPS which in my experience UPS has always been ROUGH with packages they arrived dented, broken you name it. Anyway it did arrive just wet because of all the rain.

Anyway on to my concern, when I unboxed the case, and opened up the glass door I noticed the Commander pro was in fact stuck to the glass. Is this intended to prevent it from being jolted around during shipment? I am wondering if I will need extra sticky tape once I find a good place to mount it XD is that something I can purchase from Corsair? ? that stuff is really sticky so I am not sure I will need it but just being proactive right now instead of reactive. I was able to remove the commander pro from the glass but man that was difficult.

Thanks for being Awesome Corsair.

Edited by Alcasczar

I don't think it's something that you can purchase from Corsair.

Honestly, I don't use the sticky tape that Corsair ships with the various devices. Yes, it's sticky. It doesn't move and getting it off is really, really difficult (as you've discovered). Instead, I'll use a 3M Command Strip or a sticky magnetic strip (depending on installation). Both options allow me to move things around a bit.

Thanks Devbiker, I happen to have purchased some velcro strips and also some magnetic strips a while ago just in case, learned from some pros its always good to have on hand XD. I guess it's time to let the fun begin of removing my hardware from the 760T and transfer it to the 500D se :D - I wish I could start it now but at work Edited by Alcasczar
oops

Yes, both the 500D RGB cases I've got have had the CoPro and Lighting Hub stuck to various places on the box - for some odd reason they've shipped without anything covering the double sided tape, so as they bounce around the box they invariably stick to something. In your case, it was the glass perhaps? Very odd, but as others have said, the shipped tape is ok but not amazing.

Well I unboxed the rest of the stuff and started testing things like fans on the case and the lighting.

Looks like the Commander Pro is defective, port 3 on the fan controller side doesn't spin any fan on that port and absolutely no lighting coming from the Lighting Hub on either port 1 or port 2.

I plugged in one of my spare Node Pros I got from the numerous fan packages that I'm not using and I was able to get lights from it so this tells me the Commander Pro may be defective.

I am going to test a few more things out later today since it was late when I did this last night so I may have overlooked a few things.

• Corsair Employee
Well I unboxed the rest of the stuff and started testing things like fans on the case and the lighting.

Looks like the Commander Pro is defective, port 3 on the fan controller side doesn't spin any fan on that port and absolutely no lighting coming from the Lighting Hub on either port 1 or port 2.

I plugged in one of my spare Node Pros I got from the numerous fan packages that I'm not using and I was able to get lights from it so this tells me the Commander Pro may be defective.

I am going to test a few more things out later today since it was late when I did this last night so I may have overlooked a few things.

Hmm... Might I suggest you submit a ticket on our website at https://support.corsair.com? They should be able to assist you if your Commander Pro is defective.

• Confused 1

I am a little worried about something, the case arrived in just a day cause I selected express shipping, I figured it would go Fedex instead of standard ground UPS which in my experience UPS has always been ROUGH with packages they arrived dented, broken you name it. Anyway it did arrive just wet because of all the rain.

Anyway on to my concern, when I unboxed the case, and opened up the glass door I noticed the Commander pro was in fact stuck to the glass. Is this intended to prevent it from being jolted around during shipment? I am wondering if I will need extra sticky tape once I find a good place to mount it XD is that something I can purchase from Corsair? ? that stuff is really sticky so I am not sure I will need it but just being proactive right now instead of reactive. I was able to remove the commander pro from the glass but man that was difficult.

Thanks for being Awesome Corsair.

How were you able to take the commander pro off of the glass, I am having the same problem but don't want to break the commander pro or damage it.

It seems ridiculous that Corsair has stooped to such lows with their quality control. They command premium prices for quality that just doesn't speak for the price. It's gotten a little out of hand and it's sad to see that people put up with it and continue to buy their junk. Seriously? Loose accessories just floating around in the box without double sided tape that's protected on one side? That's a little insulting. It's like they had a massive surplus of commander pros and just needed them gone or something because of low sales.

How were you able to take the commander pro off of the glass, I am having the same problem but don't want to break the commander pro or damage it.

It was not easy, just have to take it slow and not pull from the middle or pull too hard cause I can see how one could break it if they were not careful. I used both hands and kinda wiggled it lose on both ends (which is where the stick pieces are) Took the glass door off the hinge too so I could get better leverage on it as well.

It seems ridiculous that Corsair has stooped to such lows with their quality control. They command premium prices for quality that just doesn't speak for the price.

The is the first problem I've had with a Corsair Product, In this case I believe the bigger problem is how UPS handled the packaging and there is no way of knowing the state of it before it left. I'm telling you going with Fedex I rarely if ever have a problem, but UPS I cringe when I see the emails and it's coming from them, sadly there was no option when ordered online to pick Fedex over UPS, perhaps Corsair will change that in the future (I'm hoping).

well my com pro whas mounted against the psu cover and de lighting at the bottom.

but i used velcro to mount behind board tray.

http://i64.tinypic.com/157dlb4.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/qspk7n.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2h2jkgl.jpg

but i used velcro to mount behind board tray.

I have some velcro and was planning to do that if the stickyness wears off and between troubleshooting now for a bit I noticed Corsair sent extra 3M sticky pads so I'm set but hopefully I can get a replacement Cpro once I get someone to look at my ticket :D

• 2 months later...
It was not easy, just have to take it slow and not pull from the middle or pull too hard cause I can see how one could break it if they were not careful. I used both hands and kinda wiggled it lose on both ends (which is where the stick pieces are) Took the glass door off the hinge too so I could get better leverage on it as well.

Got my case today and I too have the commander pro stuck on the glass.

I’ve tried to gently twist it off with no luck :C

I just bought the CORSAIR Obsidian 500D RGB today from Canada Computer and upon opening the case the Commander Pro Fan Hub and the LED were not stuck to the case. Corsair little TIP please put these items in a box and let the user who buys the case choose where to put them as for example I don't want to see them so I only going to use two SSD Drives and I will more likely put my LED HUB there as my MSI motherboard has a Corsair Header to save on room. Let US customize our cases they way we want to please. I am happy you provided more 3M tape as I need to replace the ones on the hubs now :)

I disagree, it’s sticking to my glass panel well and I can’t force it off :C

Mine were off as well but glad they were not stuck to the glass... they should let the USER choose where to put them as some people will choose to use the Fan headers on the Motherboard .... So would be nice they came in a box and for those that don't know how to use them provide instructions online.

I just unboxed my 500D SE and the CoPro is mounted to the floor of the case in front of the PSU shround. The NoPro is mounted right to the PSU shround. Like WTF? Who he hell wanted a mass of cables right in front in full view? Someone needs to give their head a shake.

Very disappointed in this.

• 1 month later...
Got the same issue when I received mine today, I hope I wont have any issues with it when i will set up the case and that the commander isn't broken, had to take it apart when trying to get it off the window.

Same issue with the Node..

Hi bud,. You dont get a lighting node pro with the 500d se buddy... assume you mean RGB Fan LED Hub?

• 1 year later...

Well, I bought mine over a year after you guys, and the CP was stuck on of the SSD slots, with the RGB fan hub stuck under the wiring harness shroud. The fan hub was fairly easy to remove, but the CP took 15 minutes or so to get off the case, and probably another 10 minutes to get the tape off the back of the CP.

I'll second the calls to put these in a box and let the user decide where to place them. Whatever tape they used on the CP was like super sticky leather.

• 2 weeks later...
It amazes me how Corsair sends out products. My 1000D came in pretty bad shape. I had to take the top apart (it really isn't intended to be completely taken apart), because they didn't sit it down completely. It was not fun or easy. Everything inside was just thrown in and not strapped down at all. It was pretty messy. If it wasn't a HUGE case, I would have sent it straight back instead of dealing with the hassle of having to put together a case they should have done right before shipping.